Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California to Abort Gun Ownership ala TX strategy

Feedback Score

California to Abort Gun Ownership ala TX strategy

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/12/us/ca...ics/index.html

When the Texas abortion law with its “bounty-hunter” private enforcement came out we talked about this approach being weaponized against gun owners. Newsome says he has his staffers working on an anti gun law now based on the TX mechanism.

In light of the Supreme Court's decision, Newsom said he directed his staff to draft a bill that would allow private citizens to seek injunctive relief "against anyone who manufactures, distributes, or sells an assault weapon or ghost gun kit or parts in the State of California."
    The bill would also provide for statutory damages of at least $10,000 in addition to attorney's fees, the governor's statement said.
    Of course, they seem to not be able to try to get some cash for the state out of it (see above bolder) which would seem to make this not like TXC law, and a lot easier to attack.

Hard to know what “assault weapon” means here, but aren’t they kid of illegal now? The 2A is a far more identified and clear right than abortion. If they are going to go Willy-nilly after guns, lets take a solid conservative state and make bad mouthing Trump against a TX style bounty law.

I can’t think of anyway that this would go sideways. Does it come with a WitSec contract?

I know this is all posturing, and I fully expect CA to screw this up. Never expect a DEM to overlook a chance for the Holy TRoika; useless law, virtue signaling, and unintended consequences.

I think gun companies should only lease guns to LEO organizations, so that they can pull the leases when the states or cities go rouge against guns.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Don’t we have sone form if federal law protecting gun manufacturers?

I honestly thought the TX law was idiotic at best and would have interesting consequences.

Maybe TX can announce that they are suing car makers fur making cars that can speed, run red lights..

At some point someone will have to adult and put a stop to the stupid stuff folks are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This won't end well...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There are NO manufacturers, sellers, providers of AW's in California. There is no one to sue. Gun stores do not sell AW's, AW dealers can not sell to the public. This is Newson acting like the lout he is. I'm much more concerned with the 9th circuit upholding the onerous over 10 mag ban...that's a big prob here.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    There are NO manufacturers, sellers, providers of AW's in California. There is no one to sue. Gun stores do not sell AW's, AW dealers can not sell to the public. This is Newson acting like the lout he is. I'm much more concerned with the 9th circuit upholding the onerous over 10 mag ban...that's a big prob here.
    Yep, and "California will be an abortion sanctuary". Like any state will care if women go to Cali to kill their unborn. We don't care if people fly to Portland to use heroin legally.

Heck, if he feel so strongly about it, he could have his mom perform a post-birth abortion.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Show me where in the Constitution is a right? Its an opinion only. Foreskin talks about saving the mothers lives but what about the childs? So, this is what happens when the SCOTUS kicks the can down the road without making solid decisions.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    Show me where in the Constitution is a right? Its an opinion only. Foreskin talks about saving the mothers lives but what about the childs? So, this is what happens when the SCOTUS kicks the can down the road without making solid decisions.

CD
    I wonder how many "Mother's Lives are Saved" by having an Abortion?
    I think that's a nice shiney excuse for someone to kill a baby, Yes Women die in childbirth, but this isn't 1900, it's 2021, that shit doesn't happen often anymore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Killing babies clearly isn’t in the Constitution.

Gun ownership clearly is in the constitution and the TX law stands after judicial review. What does that tell you?

I don’t know for certain, but I would be willing to bet gun ownership is also protected in the KA constitution.

This won’t stand up in court. But it is a cute idea the communists have going.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post

CD
    Agree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I wonder how many "Mother's Lives are Saved" by having an Abortion?
    I think that's a nice shiney excuse for someone to kill a baby, Yes Women die in childbirth, but this isn't 1900, it's 2021, that shit doesn't happen often anymore.
    The number of abortions for emergency health, as well pregnancies due to rape, is extremely, extremely low. It's just the go-to argument the pro-abortion crowd uses to get a foot in the door to say "Surely you wouldn't oppose abortion in ALL cases, would you?"
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast