Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revised Generation 2 Galil Ace’s released

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Revised Generation 2 Galil Ace’s released

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-ii-galil-ace/

Looks like IWI continues being one of the more responsive gun companies. They have improved the safety and added mlock rail, among other things. They are going to bring in 13 inch guns and more 5.45s as well. I might pick up one of the New 13 inch pistols since it seems like an easy sbr when Biden nukes braces
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Im thinking the 8 inch in 7.62x39 or the 13 inch in 5.45 will be the ticket... might finally grab one now that they fixed the stock and forend.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was thinking the same thing. That short rail is the only thing I didn’t particularly like on the original Ace, however, the loss of backup sights is annoying. The use of the AR tube for the braced models is a welcome change. The 13” is what I’ll be after.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This looks to make an excellent choice in place of an AK74.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    This looks to make an excellent choice in place of an AK74.
    Exactly. I've been wanting to do a modernized version of Larry's alpha AK but in 545 for a long time.

This in 13" seems like a far better option. I'm tentatively excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ever since Pyzik started posting pictures of his Galil setup with the RS rail I've wanted one.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=mig1nc;2947650]Exactly. I've been wanting to do a modernized version of Larry's alpha AK but in 545 for a long time.

This in 13" seems like a far better option. I'm tentatively excited.

I agree with both of you. I think this might be what I have been looking for.

Not because 5.45 is some how superior to 5.56 but because 5.45 can still be had for $0.40 a round. Also my 5.45 AR’s have been hit and miss.

Feedback Score
    I'm a Galil Ace whore. I have five. They're not perfect, but no rifles are. I do not like the fat front handguards, but I don't like thin metal front handguards either. I wish they'd make a thinner profile plastic handguard. From the standpoint of stock options, I do understand why they've added the AR15 stock compatibility. That said, I find nothing wrong with the current stock. With the cheek riser added, my face is at the perfect height for optics. I also don't like the missing backup sights. The new right side selector design looks better, but I typically use the left side anyway. There are a couple of things that they need to do. One is to reduce the gassing. All of mine except for the 5.45x39 pistol (now SBR) are way over gassed. The second is to offer an 18" or 20" 308Win chambering. The 13" barrel offering is awesome. That alone will motivate me to buy more. It would also be great if they'd offer the version that takes regular Galil magazines. It would be a significantly thinner setup.

Ace that takes Galil magazines.

New 13" barrel Ace.

20" 308Win Ace.
    Last edited by Bret; 05-06-21 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    No reason to, but I really really want a 13" 5.45 Galil Ace Gen II...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm a Galil Ace whore. I have five. They're not perfect, but no rifles are. I do not like the fat front handguards, but I don't like thin metal front handguards either. I wish they'd make a thinner profile plastic handguard. From the standpoint of stock options, I do understand why they've added the AR15 stock compatibility. That said, I find nothing wrong with the current stock. With the cheek riser added, my face is at the perfect height for optics. I also don't like the missing backup sights. The new right side selector design looks better, but I typically use the left side anyway. There are a couple of things that they need to do. One is to reduce the gassing. All of mine except for the 5.45x39 pistol (now SBR) are way over gassed. The second is to offer an 18" or 20" 308Win chambering. The 13" barrel offering is awesome. That alone will motivate me to buy more. It would also be great if they'd offer the version that takes regular Galil magazines. It would be a significantly thinner setup.

Ace that takes Galil magazines.

New 13" barrel Ace.

20" 308Win Ace.
    Pictures don't show up for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast