Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor mount conversion options.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Suppressor mount conversion options.

I have decided I am going to send my M4-2000 off to have the QD system replaced with a more reliable choice. So my conundrum is which system to choose.

Currently I have the above mentioned M4-2000 and a Gemtech shield for rifle cans and a number of Griffin armament pistol and hybrid cans. So I don’t have to worry about compatibility with existing cans I have. However I do want to consider future purchases.

Currently I am leaning towards the Dead Air Key-mo system but I also see that Silencerco ASR would work.

Could anyone give me the pros and cons here? Also any other systems I should consider?

Thanks.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    In for info, as well. I'm on the wait list with ECCO to have my AAC 556SD converted to Dead Air Keymo. I only have one can, but several rifles currently with 51T mounts. My understanding is that the conversion will add some length and weight, but I want a QD type mount instead of a direct thread.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I didn’t have to have a conversion done for my Omega and Saker as there is a Keymo adapter designed for them. The Keymo adapter does add some length and weight but that is a trade off I was willing to accept for the function/convenience of the Keymo QD. I am happy I made the switch.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    In for info, as well. I'm on the wait list with ECCO to have my AAC 556SD converted to Dead Air Keymo. I only have one can, but several rifles currently with 51T mounts. My understanding is that the conversion will add some length and weight, but I want a QD type mount instead of a direct thread.
    How long is the waitlist? I am planning on emailing them later today.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I just got on the list 4/26/21 and was told Spring 2022 I dont think that takes their new CNC lathe into account, so fingers crossed it goes faster...I dont mind the wait too much since their quality and attention to detail get great reviews.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I only have experience with DeadAir but I am very impressed with their mounting system. Easy on and off, predictable POI shift because it mounts in the same position/rotation every time, and they make a butt load of mounts for various thread patterns. I have two Dear Air cans and mounts on 5 guns [2 x .308, 3 x 5.56], seems to be working so far.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I have the Dead Air KeyMo for my Omega and I'm happy with it. However, if I were doing it over today I'd at least take a closer look at the Q Plan B because it's so short and light.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I got on the list at the beginning of Jan and back then they said 3-4 months but sounds like that's been extended.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I didn’t have to have a conversion done for my Omega and Saker as there is a Keymo adapter designed for them. The Keymo adapter does add some length and weight but that is a trade off I was willing to accept for the function/convenience of the Keymo QD. I am happy I made the switch.
    This. I went with the Plan A from Griffin Armament on my Omega, but it's not really QD. It's basically a tapered direct thread to the muzzle device. It is much shorter and lighter than the ASR for sure, but I wouldn't want to switch the can between rifles regularly. I've found that the adapter gets carbon locked to the muzzle device, and when I try to remove it, the Omega unscrews from the adapter instead of the adapter coming off the muzzle device.

My next suppressor will be a Sandman S for my other rifles, and I'll probably just leave the Omega on the Plan A adapter and leave that on my .300 full time.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 05-06-21 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Having the suppressor equipped with 1.375×24 TPI thread mount allows for a variety of mounting systems and makes it future proof.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast