Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor mount conversion options.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    This. I went with the Plan A from Griffin Armament on my Omega, but it's not really QD. It's basically a tapered direct thread to the muzzle device. It is much shorter and lighter than the ASR for sure, but I wouldn't want to switch the can between rifles regularly. I've found that the adapter gets carbon locked to the muzzle device, and when I try to remove it, the Omega unscrews from the adapter instead of the adapter coming off the muzzle device.

My next suppressor will be a Sandman S for my other rifles, and I'll probably just leave the Omega on the Plan A adapter and leave that on my .300 full time.
    I have that problem with Plan A with one can, a Turbo K. I must have not cleaned the threads well enough before Rocksetting the adapter into the can. I did use it with a variety of mounts before settling on Plan A. I re-did it for a third time about a month ago, with no issues so far. I’ve had no issues with my Rex/Plan A, which has replaced the previous mounting system on my go-to. In fact, I’m enamored.

I sure do wish that QD taper threads were lefty, like OSS.

Shoot me a PM in like a month or two and I’ll let you know if the Turbo K is still holding.

Edit: I just looked at that can, and now I remember why the adapter came loose before. Its because I put it on without putting it in the vise, dried the Rocksett in the oven, and went to the range. Don’t be like me. Paint chips aren’t for eating.

Edit 2: it’s still holding since re-installing the adapter with more care.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-03-21 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Thanks guys, lots to think about here. I do have a couple Griffin cans so I considered Plan A. But really wanted to keep QD options open.

I am still leaning KeyMo but had not considered the Q Plan B mounting system so now I am looking at that as well.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Thanks guys, lots to think about here. I do have a couple Griffin cans so I considered Plan A. But really wanted to keep QD options open.

I am still leaning KeyMo but had not considered the Q Plan B mounting system so now I am looking at that as well.
    Just FYI, ECCO announced that the lead time for mount conversions will be just about cut in half with their upgraded machinery/production capacity.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Just FYI, ECCO announced that the lead time for mount conversions will be just about cut in half with their upgraded machinery/production capacity.
    I saw the posts on Facebook about the new equipment. I still need to email them.

Do you go into their queue and then send the suppressor in when it is time or do you send it and wait.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I saw the posts on Facebook about the new equipment. I still need to email them.

Do you go into their queue and then send the suppressor in when it is time or do you send it and wait.
    Get added to the queue and they'll call you to send in your mount and suppressor when they get to your spot. In my case, the AAC 556SD and Dead Air DA428 Keymo mount. I believe they said it's about 3-4 weeks for turnaround once they receive the mount & suppressor.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    The newer Dead Air Xeno looks interesting. Lighter and a little shorter than the KeyMo. I like the reverse threading.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    The newer Dead Air Xeno looks interesting. Lighter and a little shorter than the KeyMo. I like the reverse threading.
    That does look interesting! I was looking at the Griffin Plan A or the YHM Kurz. Nice to have another option to consider as well.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have decided I am going to send my M4-2000 off to have the QD system replaced with a more reliable choice. So my conundrum is which system to choose.

Currently I have the above mentioned M4-2000 and a Gemtech shield for rifle cans and a number of Griffin armament pistol and hybrid cans. So I don’t have to worry about compatibility with existing cans I have. However I do want to consider future purchases.

Currently I am leaning towards the Dead Air Key-mo system but I also see that Silencerco ASR would work.

Could anyone give me the pros and cons here? Also any other systems I should consider?

Thanks.
    I sent my SDN-6 off to get converted to the Dead Air KeyMo mount. I am also getting ready yo send off my other AAC cans to also get converted to the KeyMo mount. It is the best lock up i have seen and everything about it can be replaced in you home. Since you will no longer be able to get repairs from AAC (if they even get backnin the game) it is important that maintenance can still be done.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    If I planned on getting several cans, Xeno seems like the way to go; lighter, shorter, reverse threading. If I planned on infrequent moves but didn’t want another direct thread, this is what I’d get. Since my expectation is to have 1-2 cans more at most, the KeyMo will allow movement between hosts and is the right choice for me based on the overwhelming positive assessment of its QD system. YMMV.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Having the suppressor equipped with 1.375×24 TPI thread mount allows for a variety of mounting systems and makes it future proof.

QFT

I dont see any reason not to get it threaded in what has become standard. Options from ASR, Keymo, Xeno, Griffin, Q, YHM, tri lug, plain old threaded endcaps, piston mounts, Area 419, and probably whatever is currently in development will be compatible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast