Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Flying Marines Are Here!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Its all fun and games till someone gets blown away by MANPADS.
    Or if someone forgets to put the CIWS in standby mode when the flyer approaches the ship.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you locked a Marine in a room with three ball bearings and came back in an hour one would be lost, the second broken, and the third pregnant. Good luck with Jet Packs.

Future wars will be fought with aircraft and computers, not this shit. This is the military industrial complex at its worst.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Nope. Clays move fast and can be hard to hit.

But I still want one to fly around my neighborhood.

Wonder what the total range is on that thing.
    Well the typical strung out Somali pirate is going to have a rusty old Kalashnikov so at least they'll have a sporting chance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    That’s easy. Jet pack appreciation humps, wherein Marines are forced to ruck their jet pack and all their other shit for 10-12 miles or more for conditioning.
    They'd need to put a glow strap on while humping and flying as well for "obvious" safety reasons
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Or if someone forgets to put the CIWS in standby mode when the flyer approaches the ship.
    I can see it now: zipping along 30 feet off the water and you see R2D2 start spinning up.... "fvck fvck fvck fvck fvck.....", franticly unstrapping and trying to ditch at sea.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Needs more chest mounted guns.

But seriously, I think this would be far more practical as a hoverboard-style concept to leave hands free.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Army 1st SGTs everywhere are shaking their heads wondering why there isnt a PT belt visible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another step closer to The Mobile Infantry!

"Shines the name, shines the name, Rodger Young"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Army 1st SGTs everywhere are shaking their heads wondering why there isnt a PT belt visible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    They’re going to be screaming at soldiers in impotent rage, knife hands flailing, and veins bulging in foreheads.

When the Army gets the jet packs they will have them painted in high visibility yellow with reflective tape all over them. The SgtMaj of the Army will make sure of it.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    USMC will buy them just so the recruiters can play a flying-marine video non stop.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast