Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16" painted up fixed iron carbine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

16" painted up fixed iron carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I love that damn rifle.
    QUESTION on the rear sight: To ME, having never used nor even seen one of those in real life..it just looks bulky and kind of.."in the way"...for a lack of better description.
    I have DD sights on my ARs. Love them. Solid sights.
    I like 1/3 cowitness. I get what you mean by “in the way”, but not an issue with 1/3 cowitness.
    Last edited by 202; 05-07-21 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Looks good. Great info on the Cross Machine and Tool receivers and Reptilia mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Great question, and easy answer for me. In my experiences, an A2 sight is much more likely to get knocked out of adjustment than an A1 sight. Turret gunners stepping on weapons were always an issue, and while there are other ways for the knobs to be turned, it was almost always someone stepping on the weapon. Yes the A1 is more streamlined without the knob, but I really only care because of the amount of misdialed A2 rear sights I've seen in real world use, or on the range.

One of the courses that I was in started with everyone using their duty weapon. A bunch of the guys wanted to verify their sights since a failure to qual meant they went home that day back to their department and missed the 2 week course. The head instructor went off on the entire class asking what weapon they were going to use if they were pulled for a SWAT "call out" during the class or at that moment? His point was very valid, and it turned out that a bunch of the guys did have to make sight adjustments even though the passed. I don't think for a minute that any of those guys intentionally had unsighted weapons, I think it is more a matter of knocking into things and weapons getting slammed around if they are used on a regular basis.
    Good point. I use witness marks on my adjustment knobs for that exact reason.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I have DD sights on my ARs. Love them. Solid sights.
    I like 1/3 cowitness. I get what you mean by “in the way”, but not an issue with 1/3 cowitness.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Good point. I use witness marks on my adjustment knobs for that exact reason.
    Thank yall- mark this up to one of those things that Ive not seen, but makes pefect sense, and something to be wary of & keep in mind for sure.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The Repitlia mount and DD iron sights combine for a lower 1/3 view?

Thanks for sharing photos and info.

IMHO....it looks better than pretty good !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12