Thread: Billet upper and anti rotation tab fitment issues.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Billet upper and anti rotation tab fitment issues.

I recently picked up a Noveske Gen 3 receiver set to pair with a Hodge S-Lock handguard. I figured I would have to file the bottom of the anti rotation tabs to fit the upper. But after mocking them up, I would have to file away half of the anti rotation tabs to get them to fit. Or find a gunsmith to modify the upper to fit the tabs.

So my question is, is there any issues modifying the anti rotation tabs to fit? The upper and handguard still have the anti rotation pin holes.

My inclination is to just swap the wedgelock from my Hodge build for the S-lock and just avoid any undo headaches.

I’d appreciate y’all’s advice/recommendations.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    I recently picked up a Noveske Gen 3 receiver set to pair with a Hodge S-Lock handguard. I figured I would have to file the bottom of the anti rotation tabs to fit the upper. But after mocking them up, I would have to file away half of the anti rotation tabs to get them to fit. Or find a gunsmith to modify the upper to fit the tabs.

So my question is, is there any issues modifying the anti rotation tabs to fit? The upper and handguard still have the anti rotation pin holes.

My inclination is to just swap the wedgelock from my Hodge build for the S-lock and just avoid any undo headaches.

I’d appreciate y’all’s advice/recommendations.

Personally, I would file away on the tabs until they were even and fit.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB