Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holosun 512 vs Aimpoint and EOTech

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wouldn't the shake awake feature on the Holosun prolongs the battery life when one stores the gun? I'm not an expert on these, only have used Aimpoints with its on/off switch. Educate me on that shake/wake business please.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wouldn't the shake awake feature on the Holosun prolongs the battery life when one stores the gun? I'm not an expert on these, only have used Aimpoints with its on/off switch. Educate me on that shake/wake business please.
    It's just as you suspect - gun is in the safe, you open safe and grab the gun, the Holosun senses movement and turns on to your last set brightness, you then put the gun back and in 10 minutes, 3 hours or 12 hours based on your settings, the ‘sleep’ mode is activated. I have never had any issues as it is super quick, before you shoulder the gun its on and feels like it was on all the time.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It's just as you suspect - gun is in the safe, you open safe and grab the gun, the Holosun senses movement and turns on to your last set brightness, you then put the gun back and in 10 minutes, 3 hours or 12 hours based on your settings, the ‘sleep’ mode is activated. I have never had any issues as it is super quick, before you shoulder the gun its on and feels like it was on all the time.
    Thanks. So you shouldn't theoretically have dead battery right?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    At some point its going to die but it should help. I'm still on my first battery and its been going since Feb of 2019.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Batteries all die eventually, even in storage in their unopened packaging due to self discharge, and there is obviously some drain to keep the sensor running and ready to go. And some batteries are just not-good, I won't buy them on Amazon any more...
    Last edited by Warp; 05-29-21 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Got it. Understood that batteries die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12