Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Weaponry 7.62 x 39 BCG

Feedback Score

Prime Weaponry 7.62 x 39 BCG

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Did a Duck Duck Go (F Google) search for reviews and found very little. The specs seem decent. Been waiting for Young or Rubber City or even AIM to come back in stock and am getting impatient. Its the last thing I need before I can make it rain with Russian Steel and this new build

https://primeweaponry.com/collection...p-nickel-boron

Feedback Score
    The specs look good, I have probably 400-500 rounds on an aim bcg and no issues, I used a faxon barrel and it had way too much gas. But the bcg had i think the same exact specs, if you're ok with the price it should be fine, likely a part they had made by an oem. Check your firing pin length, it should have slightly more protrusion then a 5.56 variant, the aim i know comes with one, and I've not had any failure to fires that weren't ammo related, and that was with me using the jp reduced springs for part of it too.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. The Prime Weaponry looks like a Toolcraft to me but cant be 100% sure. And if it is it's a bit overpriced. I called the guys at AIM yesterday and they said they are looking to have some back in stock within the month. I am going to wait for their restock. As for trigger springs, I took that into account as well with what I put in the build so should be good to go there. And one of the things I like about the AIM is that they put the updated firing pin in their BCGs so should be covered on both fronts.

Feedback Score
    Check your staking and the norm, I've had several products that I normally wouldn't worry about need a once over, the market right now makes companies have to decide between qc/profit/availability, its likely fine, I'd just make sure. And like I said, nothing but good from mine, the bolt looks good and since I didn't clean it for a while I know it works pretty well. What barrel did you decide on, if you even have one in mind.

Feedback Score
    DEZ Arms on the barrel. Kind of took a flyer on this one based solely on specs since reviews were sparse. I have to say, based solely on the looks of it in hand, the quality is good. Nice chamber, nice cuts, nice finish, 11 degree target crown and a clean gas port. Time will tell once I actually shoot it. Got it on sale at Dvor for 199 delivered.

https://www.shop.deztacticalarms.com...ROF-762X39.htm

Feedback Score
    Specs look good, check the gas port, I know faxon says the midlength gas has a .096 port, and it seems pretty big to me. Do you know if it has the .310 bore or a .308? Should shoot good I don't really have high opinions of faxons general accuraccy, but I get about 2-3 moa with steel case and a red dot, was getting 3 holes overlapping when I zero at 50, more then pleased for cheapo ammo, and I'm going to start trying my hand at loading and seeing what it'll actually do. With that barrel you should do at least that good, likely better if you do better then me and shoot something besides wolf out of it. Either way should be fun, first time I took it out I went and was ringing a 4 moa steel plate at 400 and couldn't miss, so its pretty fun. Have you gone through mags yet? I ended up with c products and have been very pleased.

Couple guys talking about 5.56 barrels from DEZ, mostly positive, only concern was gas port. Worst case you get a BRT gas drive tube or an adjustable block.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Are-They-Good

Feedback Score
    Not sure on bore but I do know the gas port is .098 on a carbine length. My prediction is gassy as well. Hopefully I can tune with buffer weights. I am starting out with a 5.3 oz buffer and am going to go from there. I have a feeling I am going to end up with an H2 when done. Mags are a mix of c products and Ross. Haven't read a bad revue yet on either. Hoping the Ross work as advertised.

https://rossdefensesystems.com/cart

Feedback Score
    Forgot to add, I will be happy with 2 MOA on this thing to be honest. I, of course, fully plan on using cheap steel cased ammo. But I will try some decent brass to see what it is capable of if for nothing else then bragging rights online It's funny this build started out with a rail I have had for over 10 years that was sitting on my work bench. Big beefy quad rail from YHM. It was on my very first build and I felt sorry for it sitting there languishing lol.

Feedback Score
    Extra parts are dangerous, I built a 18" rifle after I had an extra bcg laying around. I expect you'll get 2 moa, I think most AKs are so inaccurate because they have terrible barrels, nicer built ones I've seen are usually 2moa or less. I've heard the ross mags work pretty well, mostly hearing from 6.5grendel guys. And yeah that seems like a pretty nice setup, always good to go back to quadrails, I like them even if they're heavy.

Feedback Score
    I did a build once because I found a spare charging handle. To be fair it was a really nice charging handle. At 20 bucks a pop I had to at least give the Ross mags a try. Not sure how durable they will be over time given the articulated follower but they seem pretty robust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast