Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Gets Constitutional Carry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Texas Gets Constitutional Carry

Texas Senate passed it on a straight line party vote yesterday, they needed EVERY Republican vote to make it happen. We had a few Senators that were waffling. It speaks well to Republican Leadership that they whipped everyone in line.

The Senate did add a few provisions but I don't think any are deal breakers, they will reconcile the bill with the House which had ample votes to pass it. We have 25 days left in the session for them to work out the details.

The Governor has said he will sign it.

This has been a long road for many of us, 8-10 years. It has been Grass Roots Republicans- a tireless, vocal, conservative minority, who insisted on Constitutional Carry's inclusion in the Party Platform etc...that drove this fight. The Country Club/ Business Republicans were adamantly opposed to this bill and they put us off for two Legislative sessions. All of which just drove people harder.

I am very proud of my fellow Texans who made this happen. WE DID THIS, NOBODY did this for us.
    Last edited by Esq.; 05-06-21 at 09:12.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Congrats!

Texas has sure come a long way since the days of Governor Richards saying that Shall Issue would be an embarrassment to the great state of Texas as a place of gun-toting vigilantes roaming the streets.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Jelly....
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Jelly....
    Aren't they doing something with your sheriff based pistol purchase permit system? Talking about scrapping it, thought I heard something about that? Been that way a long time....if you could get rid of that....That would be a good victory for ya'll.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Congrats!

Texas has sure come a long way since the days of Governor Richards saying that Shall Issue would be an embarrassment to the great state of Texas as a place of gun-toting vigilantes roaming the streets.

Yes we have and it's been a fight all the way. Hard to believe really but it's been a tough slog. We have so many Chamber of Commerce Republicans from the Suburbs of Houston and Dallas etc...that are "just conservative" enough...They get their marching orders directly from Allstate, Bettenbough Homes, Big Medical, HEB Grocery chain, Dell etc.....bunch of pricks. I almost hate them more than the Democrats- at least the Dems are honest about what they are!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Aren't they doing something with your sheriff based pistol purchase permit system? Talking about scrapping it, thought I heard something about that? Been that way a long time....if you could get rid of that....That would be a good victory for ya'll.
    Won't effect my wife or I since we have CCWs. No need for that permit or NICS once you have one.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Won't effect my wife or I since we have CCWs. No need for that permit or NICS once you have one.
    Well, and to be fair, that's the same with me and Constitutional Carry here in Texas. I have a permit and I will keep it. It covers me when I travel many places outside of Texas and exempts me from NICS.....BUT, it's still a win for gun rights for the "Average Joe"....and, it's a FLEX for Gun Owners, which right now, we need.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yes we have and it's been a fight all the way. Hard to believe really but it's been a tough slog. We have so many Chamber of Commerce Republicans from the Suburbs of Houston and Dallas etc...that are "just conservative" enough...They get their marching orders directly from Allstate, Bettenbough Homes, Big Medical, HEB Grocery chain, Dell etc.....bunch of pricks. I almost hate them more than the Democrats- at least the Dems are honest about what they are!
    Indeed, the progress during the past 30 years has been stunning. Anti-gun forces have taken an ass whupping across America.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Indeed, the progress during the past 30 years has been stunning. Anti-gun forces have taken an ass whupping across America.

Eh. In the 2021 map i would look at the "may issue" as a "no issue". NJ ain't issuing you jack. Neither is NYC

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Eh. In the 2021 map i would look at the "may issue" as a "no issue". NJ ain't issuing you jack. Neither is NYC

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Not true, they may issue to you if you're rich and or connected, demonstrating yet again, all guns laws by their nature and intent are elitist and racist.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast