Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Gets Constitutional Carry

Feedback Score
    Hawaii issue hhhahahaha yeah when unicorns fly and bidens depends are not full of what he speaks !

But sad that our country is excited when a law is past allowing us access to constitutional rights ! In Texas no less !

Yeah it is great and stuff but sure ya get my play on words we all now that it never should have HAD to pass and always should be there any state any time etc...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And now every shooting in Texas is a ding against CCW, just as it comes up for a SCOTUS case.

So yeah, congrats. Nice house of straw...
    Yes, def a win for the state and gun rights as a whole ... for now.

I really hope I'm wrong here, but the people against this law are hoping that it gives us just enough rope to inherently hang ourselves. I for one will still continue to exercise my right, I hope others will do so RESPONSIBLY as well.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Not true at all. If you a Dem and have money you will get one..........
    Yes and that's why it's technically a "may issue"!

NYC technically allows for a concealed carry. You can apply and pay the none refundable $5k (five thousand dollars) and be denied..., obviously, unless you're a movie star! Several NYC Hollywood types have a permit.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yes and that's why it's technically a "may issue"!

NYC technically allows for a concealed carry. You can apply and pay the none refundable $5k (five thousand dollars) and be denied..., obviously, unless you're a movie star! Several NYC Hollywood types have a permit.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I do believe POTUS Donald Trump had one for years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Hawaii issue hhhahahaha yeah when unicorns fly and bidens depends are not full of what he speaks !

But sad that our country is excited when a law is past allowing us access to constitutional rights ! In Texas no less !

Yeah it is great and stuff but sure ya get my play on words we all now that it never should have HAD to pass and always should be there any state any time etc...
    Yea...I knew one guy who had a ccw in Hawaii. He was the son of the LT. Gov at the time.

Feedback Score
    The two maps earlier in the thread are about state law. May Issue is a mix as practiced. The handful of retarded May Issue states remaining in America have areas that operate more like Shall Issue, others more like No Issue.

Laws can change. Indeed... pro-carry progress over the past 30 years is no less than stunning.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-07-21 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Texans also passed some voting restrictions that now require ID among other things.
    At this point having a CC is good, having Constitutional Carry is better, but we will never keep any of it unless we get the voting laws fixed.

Feedback Score
    As a Texan, it"s always surprised me how anti handgun the Texas government has been. We didn't even have CHL until the mid 1990s. Only LEOs could "carry" handguns before that. You could always have an AR in the pick-up window though...
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    As a Texan, it"s always surprised me how anti handgun the Texas government has been. We didn't even have CHL until the mid 1990s. Only LEOs could "carry" handguns before that. You could always have an AR in the pick-up window though...
    I’d always hear people brag about how free and gun friendly it was in Texas and I’d just shake my head in North Dakotan.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    Feels good to be a Texan.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast