Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Meet Bishop Garrison: The Pentagon’s Hatchet Man in Charge of Purging MAGA Patriots"

Feedback Score
    The thing is, I still don't think that's Constitutional. If I remember correctly, anybody acting as a agent of the state is subject to Constitutional restrictions, whether they're paid government employees or a contracted private organization. It would be the same as hiring a private security firm to enter people's houses without a warrant because the police can't. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to the SC and gets shot down.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Notice they’re not going after BLM, DEM/Marxists or the gangbangers infesting the military like roaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The thing is, I still don't think that's Constitutional. If I remember correctly, anybody acting as a agent of the state is subject to Constitutional restrictions, whether they're paid government employees or a contracted private organization. It would be the same as hiring a private security firm to enter people's houses without a warrant because the police can't. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to the SC and gets shot down.
    Now why are you letting some silliness like the Constitution get in the way?

ETA: Regardless, it's completely legal as long as they are just looking over social media posts that are in the "public domain" and then informing the .mil that Private Snuffy said some things that were borderline questionable. It's just an extension of "See something, say something" that's been going on for years. The .mil can then check it out and see if it violates policy and act appropriately.

Don't post stupid shit on social media. Here endeth the lesson.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 05-20-21 at 20:21.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Now why are you letting some silliness like the Constitution get in the way?

ETA: Regardless, it's completely legal as long as they are just looking over social media posts that are in the "public domain" and then informing the .mil that Private Snuffy said some things that were borderline questionable. It's just an extension of "See something, say something" that's been going on for years. The .mil can then check it out and see if it violates policy and act appropriately.

Don't post stupid shit on social media. Here endeth the lesson.
    It's been a well known fact to watch your mouth on social media if you don't want trouble. But when they start talking about using private firms in order to circumvent the Constitution, that suggests getting around the 4th Amendment. It suggests hacking private communication, or searching private property without a warrant. And obviously, the Biden Administration doesn't believe in the Bill of Rights and has pretty much said so, but the recent SC ruling suggests that they may still feel otherwise.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    It's been a well known fact to watch your mouth on social media if you don't want trouble. But when they start talking about using private firms in order to circumvent the Constitution, that suggests getting around the 4th Amendment. It suggests hacking private communication, or searching private property without a warrant. And obviously, the Biden Administration doesn't believe in the Bill of Rights and has pretty much said so, but the recent SC ruling suggests that they may still feel otherwise.
    I firmly agree with your stance in the matter. But you know as well as I do that dog isn't going to hunt when someone decides to label such acts as "potential domestic terrorism" and use that angle.

Face facts here, we're about five minutes away from a lot of conservative values being labeled as such. You know as well as I do January 6th scared the living shit of out of a lot of people in Congress and the Executive Branch and they will be looking for any way they can to negate that threat going forward. Purging the military of conservative values can only mean one thing down the road.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Can't allow patriots in the People's Liberation Army.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Notice they’re not going after BLM, DEM/Marxists or the gangbangers infesting the military like roaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Of course not. Those types are their minions, their useful idiots.

It's very clear, they're doing their level best to make sure only the "right" type of people are in the ranks. For a reason, which should be obvious.

Of COURSE it's not constitutional! But neither is committing a coup by stealing a presidential election, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12