Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 1911 vs. Glock -- I have come full-circle

Feedback Score
    For all you folks who shoot your Glocks towards support side, get more finger on the trigger. This worked for me. YMMV:

https://youtu.be/G8JX2hZR_6g

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    For all you folks who shoot your Glocks towards support side, get more finger on the trigger. This worked for me. YMMV:

I like the way Pat explains it. I've been teaching the technique for over 25 years and it works well.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I will take either my Glock 19 or Nighthawk Talon 2 bobtail any day of the week for conceal carry. It all boils down to proficiency and reliability. I’ve shot enough rounds through both to say that I can trust either one with my life.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

Kind of depends on hand size. With my normal grip out the holster with a high grip and the beavertail in the web between thumb and forefinger I can't get the first joint on the trigger unless I rotate the gun to where the beavertail is over my thumb joint. It's not a natural grip. After the first shot my finger can get a little deeper into the trigger guard by only having to go back to reset but the first shot is going to be with more of the tip of the finger on the trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went on this same Journey almost as soon as I turned 21. I owned a Springfield Armory Loaded Operator 1911 and a Glock 22 Gen 4. I trained with both constantly and I could shoot both fast and accurate under simulated stress. I realized at that point it was all about how many rounds I felt I needed in a handgun. Through research and talking to people that had been in gunfights and knowing much more about gunfighting than myself I came to my opinion that I don't really need a lot of capacity but it doesn't hurt to have it. What is funny is all this basically made me choose and carry a all stainless P220. I still carry it to this day and haven't looked back. I have needed to change the recoil spring on my P220 twice since I started carrying it. It has been 100% reliable and stupid accurate. I love Glocks because they are ready to go on the draw. Draw the gun, sight your target and squeeze the trigger. I never cared the ambi safeties that most modern 1911's come with. In general for my pistols I don't like manual safeties period. I have always preferred heavier steel frame and hammer fired handguns. After taking all the things I liked and didn't like about both 1911's and Glock's into account I realized the stainless P220 was the perfect pistol for me. Don't get me wrong I would carry a 1911 and Glock in a heartbeat if I had no other choice. I have seen a few Nighthawk 1911's I really want along with wanting a Glock 48. I will have them one of these days but first I am looking to get a P220 in 10mm and a stainless P226 when I can find the right ones. They argument of 1911 vs Glock is a waste of time like AR vs AK is. Just find what works for you and carry on because at the end of the day your ass is the one on the line.

Feedback Score
    I've been shooting something since I was six.
    Started with no BS a Daisey Red Rider BB gun at my 6th Xmas
    Got a Sheridan Silver Streak at age 10 I still own 48 years later. Progressed to a Marlin 39 22lr

I as long as I could remember wanted a 1911 but could never afford a good one beginning in 1984 until I bought my first 45acp HG in 1986 a S&W 845. Paid $411.
    Invested a butt load in reloading 45acp. Unfortunately for me the gun hit 20"- 2' low at 25 yards no.matter what I fed it factory as well reloads.

Ended up trading it in on what was for the time IMO a poor mans polymer 1911 or a 5" Bi-tone Springfield XD Tactical. 1911 couldn't then and can't now beat 13+1 capacity. I put in an AM trigger in it and it shot absolutely great. Is to this day my go to side arm while hunting fishing hiking or any time in the woods where concealability is not an issue.
    It fully loaded with two spare mags needs a 1911 oand 4 mags to best its round count.
    All other HG needs are met by my 9mm P320's 3.9",4.7" or S&W Shield.
    Did once get to shoot a 6" mostly custom 1911 and holy crap shot as good a 20 and 25 yard group as I ever did with any HG, but it cost more than any two of my full sized HG combined.
    Would love to buy a good 1911 in the $1k price range but just can't justify it given the performance of my polymer SF HG's
    After countless 1000s of trouble free rounds I trust my life without hesitation to any of my P320's my Shield or my 5" XD Tactical.
    But if I had to choose one to be on my hip above a others it be my 9mm 17+1 4.7" P320.
    Last edited by DMTJAGER; 05-24-21 at 02:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s just a gun to me at this point

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It’s just a gun to me at this point
    I feel the same way, a handgun is just a tool of the trade. A Glock is an excellent service pistol and I carried one for quite a few years. For me though, the 1911 is a reliable piece of equipment with a known proven track record. When I get ready to leave the house destined for an unsafe area, I reach past the Glocks and select a well worn 1911 for carry.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Wrong. The correct answer is Beretta 92 and/or Jframe! Seriously, I enjoy these debates. But all these "I outgrew, blah blah blah" dad wisdom is just a rhetorical move used to justify whatever you happen to be vibing on right now. All these guns are more than capable. Find what you like but more importantly what you will ACTUALLY CARRY as much as possible. We live in a golden age of amazing handguns.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Wrong. The correct answer is Beretta 92 and/or Jframe! Seriously, I enjoy these debates. But all these "I outgrew, blah blah blah" dad wisdom is just a rhetorical move used to justify whatever you happen to be vibing on right now. All these guns are more than capable. Find what you like but more importantly what you will ACTUALLY CARRY as much as possible. We live in a golden age of amazing handguns.
    Serious question. If we’re just telling time, what does your Rolex do that my Casio F-91 doesn’t?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast