Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 vs. Glock -- I have come full-circle

Feedback Score
    Dare I say I have come 3/4 circle?
    I carried a 5" Colt gov't model in .45 for 25 years (off duty. I still have it but rarely shoot it) There was only the 1911 & all others handguns must pay homage to it. I was finally swayed by the M&P 9mm w/Apex trigger kits. Good Lord at one time I owned 8 of them! I have on occasion (sentimental reasons I guess) carried my DW Guardian in 38 Super but most days it's either my RMR'd 9mm 2.0 compact or (& here comes the 3/4 circle) a Beretta Inox compact w/ RMR. If I could only pic one, It'd probably be the M&P but my Beretta, done over by WC is a neck & neck second. For me, a tough choice between the two.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have always carried a Glock, I have a 1911 but it was more of just having a 1911.. I like the capacity of either 13 or 15 rounds depending on if I carry a G23 or G19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll go a step further, if one “had” to have a 1911, get a 9MM one or a 2011. It took me almost 20 years to outgrow .45 ACP. It’s an interesting cartridge and fun to shoot, but irrelevant for what it is.

But even then, Glock is still the easy button. If not Glock then HK.

It’s sad how much my formative gun decisions were made due to brainwashing or some dude saying “because I said so”.

Like I found out the hard way that police departments do actually pick their guns because some guy “said so” and it wasn’t too expensive. I wasn’t into guns when I started out. I just did what I was told. I did gravitate towards ARs and Glocks. I had the right answer at a nascent level, but listened to people above me who didn’t.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

1911 vs. Glock -- I have come full-circle

Everybody needs a 1911 and a couple of Glocks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Try the Lobos trigger in the VP9 with the HK parts lighter spring. Magnifique!
    The M&P needed the Apex trigger bad, I like the HK trigger fine really.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sig named the 365 appropriately. One and done, everything else is just for fun. The 1911 still makes a great nightstand gun though.

Mods... Can we just rename this sub-forum the "Glock fanboy forum" and be done with it? If my old agencies told me I had to carry a Glock, I'd have quit. uke:

Sig is better. :-/
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Firefly;2948086]I’ll go a step further, if one “had” to have a 1911, get a 9MM one or a 2011. It took me almost 20 years to outgrow .45 ACP. It’s an interesting cartridge and fun to shoot, but irrelevant for what it is.

But even then, Glock is still the easy button. If not Glock then HK.

It’s sad how much my formative gun decisions were made due to brainwashing or some dude saying “because I said so”.

Like I found out the hard way that police departments do actually pick their guns because some guy “said so” and it wasn’t too expensive. I wasn’t into guns when I started out. I just did what I was told. I did gravitate towards ARs and Glocks. I had the right answer at a nascent level, but listened to people above me who didn’t.[/QUOTEy]

Firefly knows.

When I had the Glock epiphany, I quickly got a G21 for range fun. I like reloading. 45 and it's fun to shoot at the range. 45 is to shoot with your friends; 9mm is to shoot at your enemies. If I carried a 1911 it would be 9mm.

45 doesn't do anything on jackers that 9mm won't do.

Oh, and Det-sog: I hated Glocks until I tried Gen 5. Glock is much better now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Sig named the 365 appropriately. One and done, everything else is just for fun. The 1911 still makes a great nightstand gun though.

Mods... Can we just rename this sub-forum the "Glock fanboy forum" and be done with it? If my old agencies told me I had to carry a Glock, I'd have quit. uke:

Sig is better. :-/
    Sig is definitely dominating with the P365.
    I like both Glocks and Sigs. Both great firearms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Consider yourself lucky to be able to have both.

I have a G19 and a brace of 1911s. I need at least a couple more G19s. But I think I'm done buying 1911s. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to sell mine though. I enjoy shooting them too much.

Not everything has to be a "soulless, godless pistols designed for killing things up."

Even though an old design, the 1911 is still a fine weapon.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I learned to shoot with a Glock. They’re my primary carry and competition guns.

1911s always fascinated me. One of my goals this year is get proficient shooting my Colt 1911 (XSE .45) I feel like it’s my duty as an American

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast