Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where I could find a 14.5" 'pinned' complete upper these days ?

Feedback Score

Anyone know where I could find a 14.5" 'pinned' complete upper these days ?

Hello Gents, Yes, I know, & please don't laugh, I'm serious. I finally decided to break down & purchase a decent quality complete M4 style Upper, but with a 'pinned & welded' 14.5" barrel. I was all ready to hit the buy now button on GBC yesterday for a beautiful NIB Colt 6921 upper, until I realized it wasn't p/w. I had specified that in my search, so when it came up I got excited. But, I can't see spending the money for a new 6921, only to pay to have it done. So, if anyone happens to have a clue as to where one might be found, please let me know. I always prefer Colt, but I would be more than happy with an BCM product. THANK YOU, & OK, now you can start laughing again !!

Regards, Dom P. / dpast32@aol.com

Feedback Score
    I've seen some Sig Sauer 516 14.5 pinned uppers recently but they are sold out at Optics Planet so you might need to search to see if anyone has them in stock.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They show up in stock for hours/a day on BCM regularly. Like, probably every week there's a pinned 14.5" with MCMR13 of some kind available. Open a tab to here and check it daily

https://bravocompanyusa.com/14-5-mid...h-upper-group/

Just look at the filters section and when "in stock" is an available filter, check it and see what they have.

Betcha something good is available within a week, maybe multiples

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I've seen some Sig Sauer 516 14.5 pinned uppers recently but they are sold out at Optics Planet so you might need to search to see if anyone has them in stock.

I have 2 of the Sig 516 14.5 uppers, they came with the standard A2 flash hider, not pinned, not welded. They are sold with the usual NFA disclaimer that it's the buyer's responsibility to ensure compliance yada yada yada.

just fyi.

I think the harder part of OP's challenge is to find your quality M4 14.5 upper in-stock. The easy part is sending it out to John Thomas or Adco or whoever for the P/W. It's pandemic days, you gotta make some adjustments to your expectations of the market place.

Faxon used to have a 14.5" upper that came P/W with their skinny flash hider, fully NFA compliant (i.e. about 16.1"), that allowed slipping the gas block off without removing the FH. pre-Wuhan days, of course, sorry to say.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 05-06-21 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    They had some for sale with pinned muzzle devices, I can't remember who had them.
    They probably pinned them after receiving them from Sig.

Feedback Score
    just another FYI, 14.5" barrel + std A2 flash hider does not come out to NFA 16" legal. it's a little short, maybe ~1/4". that's why the whole endless discussion about ~1/4" spacers vs BCM A2X slightly-longer flash hider. and the desirability of the harder-to-find 14.7" barrel.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I intentional ordered my 14.5” unpinned so I could choose the MD to be pinned. If I were you I would have bought that beautiful NIB Colt 6921 upper and pinned a Warcomp on it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    just another FYI, 14.5" barrel + std A2 flash hider does not come out to NFA 16" legal. it's a little short, maybe ~1/4". that's why the whole endless discussion about ~1/4" spacers vs BCM A2X slightly-longer flash hider. and the desirability of the harder-to-find 14.7" barrel.
    I’m not sure why that would even be a discussion let alone an endless one. I’ll take the thread engagement on the MD, no thanks to the spacer.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I intentional ordered my 14.5” unpinned so I could choose the MD to be pinned. If I were you I would have bought that beautiful NIB Colt 6921 upper and pinned a Warcomp on it.
    Or even just a YHM Phantom.

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You don't tell, you get told. Grow up, do that shit behind closed doors and out of public view.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 05-06-21 at 22:59. Reason: Not your call.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast