Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where I could find a 14.5" 'pinned' complete upper these days ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
    Yup, I debated checking with the 'Boys' just to confirm that it's OK to possess the 14.5" complete Upper, along with other complete AR's on the same premises. I am fairly certain that as long as you don't happen to have an 'loose' Lower Rcvr sitting around, it 'should' be good. But, ( there's always a but ? ) I have learned throughout the years that many times a violation is whatever that particular SA happens to feel it is. And, even not you're proven correct, and or no such violation ever really occurred, YOU still come out getting screwed !! Due of course to Attorney fees, having your weapons confiscated, public scrutiny, etc, etc. Even when & if you're weapons are eventually returned, who knows what condition they'll actually be in ? So, based upon those concerns, no, I decided not to check with my ATF Office. Plus, I've also learned throughout my career that even the ATF doesn't actually know what is what. Same here with my State's AGO, I don't even call them anymore as they're just as clueless. It's indeed sad, but it goes on, all the time !! So, I'll just keep an eye on BCM & hope something shows up in stock ? Also, I just checked with BCM regarding the respective weights between the SOCOM & Government profile Uppers. The SOCOM is heavier by 7 ounces, which based upon where all that extra weight is, it can make quite a difference in 'perceived feel' ? The BIG question is, do I 'really' need the added heat sink, or not ? Ohhhh, decisions, decisions ? I guess I'll have to sleep on this one.

Recently BCM had their standard profile 14.5" as well as a medium weight fluted 14.5" available. I'd keep your profile options open, and just avoid the really heavy (heavy) or really light (opens up when hot) off the list unless you specifically want them for some reason or another

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Good a place to post this as anywhere.... I’ve been mocking up some 14.5/7 barrels with A2s lately. The Adco/KAC 1/4” spacer is not quite enough. With the thinnest stack of shims required for timing, it is suuuuper close (15.99”-16.00”) and might work with some barrels. I needed extra shims to make it work with my SOCOM barrel for my POG gun clone. Two extra turns. There’s like .25”-.28” of threads engaged.

I’ve found that even my 14.7” requires an extra .09” of shims (no spacer, so at least there’s reasonable threads) to get past 16.00”. My 14.7” would work to get a FCD device or a KVP linear comp over 16” and makes me wonder if the 14.7” barrels were made for devices longer than than an A2, but shorter than 2.2”. Woulda been cooler if 15” barrels were a thing. Mos-Tek will do them, if thats your thing, and I might go that route next time I do a stainless barrel.

Make sure you measure before you weld pretty much anything.
    might be the difference between shims, and the nice fat crush washer, usually about an 1/8" thick, thereabouts.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    might be the difference between shims, and the nice fat crush washer, usually about an 1/8" thick, thereabouts.
    Touché, salesman.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Hey, THANKS Guys for all the input, it is, as always, appreciated. The actual decision now is to either wait & hope BCM offers up what big want, or go with GBC & pay around $1,000 for an NIB Colt 6921ck unit ? Then, I have to find someone diligent enough to p/w on either an A2X or similar device, which when all's totaled will probably run another $125 or so, when to & from shipping, the device, the work, etc is also factored in. So, then yes, I do have my 1st choice, but I'm into it for around $1150.00 +/- !! And we all know that that's somewhat overboard for just an Complete Upper, even if it is a Colt !! Going BCM route, it will rend to run me around just shy of $800, delivered, which sounds a bit better to me. [ 'My' BCM will be; 14.5" SOCOM Upper, w/ BCG, CH, with P & W A2X, which should tally up to the $800 I figured, or thereabouts ? ] It's not as if I truly 'need' it, I just simply always wanted one. My 6520 & 6920 will accomplish anything an 6921 will, except they're just a bit longer. Check, I've even pondered seeing my Stag 6.8 SPC out for the 14.5 diet, simply due to the 6.8's ability to perform very well in shorter length barrels, where as the 5.56 suffers as barrel length is decreased. Now, what I'd really like would be my Stag with an 8"- 10" tube, but unfortunately SBR's are verboten, except of course for Department & Agency use. Sooooo, my apparent focus shall be an daily check of BCM, & hopefully, just maybe I'll catch what big want before it gets snapped up by someone else. And Ohh, if anyone happens to ask, it's not for me, but an early Christmas present for my wife !!

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I recently picked up a lightly used P/W 6921 upper. I went with the lighter barrel because I’ll never shoot full auto and don’t think I would experience most of its benefits. Also I wasn’t building a clone build so I passed on the much more expensive and heavier SOCOM profile barrel.
    I paired the upper with a KE Arms polymer lower and now my 11 yr old can shoot it standing, unsupported without any difficulties. The iron sighted 6921 upper with a slim BCM PKMR hand guard on a polymer lower, equals a simple lightweight, fast handling rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Example on what we're saying about BCM uppers coming in stock, and in response to the actual title of this thread:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-bfh-...-13-handguard/

In stock now, BCM 14.5" mid length, their 13" m-lok free float handguard (MCMR 13), cold hammer forged (BFH) government profile barrel. $770, $189 for their BCG, $45 for pinned and welded A2X

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    They had some for sale with pinned muzzle devices, I can't remember who had them.
    They probably pinned them after receiving them from Sig.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Actually Sig recently did have the 516 14.5 upper listed on their website for sale as a pin and weld. Their price was $1299. Long gone by now, of course.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Example on what we're saying about BCM uppers coming in stock, and in response to the actual title of this thread:

In stock now, BCM 14.5" mid length, their 13" m-lok free float handguard (MCMR 13), cold hammer forged (BFH) government profile barrel. $770, $189 for their BCG, $45 for pinned and welded A2X
    Now OOS. Bottom line, if you want a decent upper put yourself on their notification list and jump on it immediately when you get the email. This is no longer an instant gratification game. Be patient and don’t settle for sub-standard bullshit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Now OOS. Bottom line, if you want a decent upper put yourself on their notification list and jump on it immediately when you get the email. This is no longer an instant gratification game. Be patient and don’t settle for sub-standard bullshit.

And...Now in stock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast