Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone know where I could find a 14.5" 'pinned' complete upper these days ?

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU Everyone for your very kind assistance with this quest, I really do appreciate it. After assessing all the price & availability data, I've come to the conclusion that if I do really have to have my long desired 14.5" Complete Upper, any way you cut it, it's going to run me about $1,000. Silly me, I was looking at the BCM 14.5" Carbine length model at $510, which is of course without any BCG, & CH which adds another $190 + &40 to overall cost. So now, even without going midi length I'm into it for $740 + Shipping. But, based upon what I'm seeing a Colt 6921 is going to run me about $900, & then you have to have it P/W somewhere which again, ups the total. My initial thought was to go BCM Carbine length, simply to save money as I can always add a suitable Rail System on later. And yes, I absolutely realize that the Mid-Length systems are potentially more efficient, and especially so when utilizing the 14.5" Bbl configuration. { And this is the point when I start debating how much I truly need the new Upper, when I already have more than I need ! } Honestly, if Ken Elmore down at SAW wasn't so darn expensive, I would just send my Colt 6920 out & have him cut 14.5", & P/W, as if you've ever viewed his jobs, boy they appear as Factory ! But, we're talking around $350 + shipping both ways, which honestly is almost ridiculous, IMHO ? Decisions, decisions !! In the end though, I guess it all revolves around money, or lack thereof, which tends to always hinder our final decisions, right ?

Best, Dom P.

Feedback Score
    Hello Gents, This is just an update of sorts, confirming the fact that I finally did, find & obtain an NIB BCM Complete URG, & configured pretty much exactly the way I wanted it. Note that I say 'pretty much', due to my bottom line when purchasing it was, as usual, money !! I whittled down all the 'options' that I really didn't need, & or could add later on when I could afford them more readily. I did keep however the basic components that I felt should definitely be there, such as SOCOM' Barrel configuration, BCM mfg'd & installed / fitted Bolt Carrier Group, as then I'd be assured these very important components had been assembled correctly. [ Also, have I experience any poi Headspace issues later on, well, BCM produced & installed the components, so thereby 'should' rectify the issue. ] Last, but not least was the Pinned & Welded A2X Flash Hired, which honestly was not my 1st choice. [ BCM Comp. 1 was, if IIRC ? ] But, as I said, price pretty much dictated my choices, so I decided b that an A2 F/H was at least, 'satisfactory', & was an much more economical option. So, now I'll have another quality URG, configured basically in the format I wish, & as with most examples of the 'breed', it can be swapped between the still very useful 6.8 SPC Ctg., & of course the 5.56 NATO. Maybe, just maybe there's a 6.5 Grendel URG in my future, but that will depend on many different factors. You see what starts happening ? I get Posting about things, & that 'little man' in my head starts telling me just how much I really 'need' that, 'whatever it happens to be at the moment' ?I tried telling my Wife the new BCM was all for her, but, no, she's simply not going for it !!! Bottom line remains that at least I did manage to find an new URG, basically how I wanted it. For all of us know by now, literally ANYTHING might transpire which the current Administration in power ? I, personally am not hopeful over what might happen this coming summer ? THANKS AGAIN Guys, for everyone's thoughts & comments, I do appreciate it.

Best, Dom P. / dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 06-19-21 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Dom, I don’t think you’ll regret that A2x. Its what I would choose for a non-mount from BCM.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    THANKS '1168', I always appreciate some confirmation of my choices, it just goes to reinforce that I did in fact choose correctly ! I did give it some thought prior to deciding, & I figured that due to my not utilizing any Suppressor, plus as I said, keeping the overall cost down, I felt that the old A2 style news still an viable option. Take care,

Best, Dom

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah that's a good upper. I like the BCM comp but have been transitioning back to flash hiders for most guns, you made a good choice.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    THANKS Wake. As we all know Muzzle Brakes do indeed have their place, but, I personally don't see all that much need for one on a 5.56, although I'm sure some will argue that point. Now, on my Springfield SOCOM II for example, well that's a whole different issue. For 'that' particular type / style of weapon they can, & are quite useful, although with everything in life, they also have their drawbacks, such as absolutely terrible muzzle blast & noise. But, as they say, 'That's the nature of the beast' !! In fact, that very issue almost led me to purchase the Springfield 'Scout' variant, w/ an 18" HBO, as out the 16" SOCOM. But, as I didn't have any short 7.62 NATO at the time, I ended up going with the 16". Maybe I should have went with the Scout, as a bit latter I ended up picking up an NIB LMT 308MWSE, & that came with a 16", although other lengths are available, albeit at a price ! OK, I'm getting off Topic here, so I'll finish up.

Best, Dom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234