Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manurhin revolvers

Feedback Score

Manurhin revolvers

Looks like these are being sold through Beretta. They look very nice (at $3300 MSRP, they should). Judging from the markings on the illustrations, these are made in France.

A little too rich for my blood, but I'm sure they'll sell:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manhur...gendarmerie-4/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like these are being sold through Beretta. They look very nice (at $3300 MSRP, they should). Judging from the markings on the illustrations, these are made in France.

A little too rich for my blood, but I'm sure they'll sell:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manhur...gendarmerie-4/
    Yep French. Great revolvers. Can take some serious abuse, more so than S&W or Ruger

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have an older MR73 revolver. They are very tough. No bigger than a K/L frame Smith but they are literally made from tool steel, hence the strength(and the expense). I would say mine has one of the best triggers I've tried on a revolver.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Very well made revolvers. Internals are polished to a high degree and hand fitted. The trigger also uses ball bearing for a very smooth pull.

Feedback Score
    Too rich for my blood. I’m sure they’re nice revolvers but how much nicer than my S&W Combat Magnum 4” or my Colt Python 4”, both made in the ‘70’s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    Too rich for my blood. I’m sure they’re nice revolvers but how much nicer than my S&W Combat Magnum 4” or my Colt Python 4”, both made in the ‘70’s?
    Nicer in what sense? More durable? Definitely! Better trigger? Yep! Also adjustable. Looks? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure how many people who tout the praises of Manurhin revolvers have ever actually owned and lived with one, but I can say that I honestly was not that impressed with mine. To give you an idea how unimpressed I was, I felt that most of my other older revolvers had as smooth of a trigger, and I gave it away to my father in-law who isn't a gun guy (but carries a gun and is a retired cop). If he had any idea what the price was, or what they were worth, he would be horrified and give it back.

They are based on a Ruger (which is a good thing for durability), and are a nice enough gun, but in no way are they worth the prices being asked or the lore which surrounds them.

Just my take.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Stick,

The MR73 is not based on a Ruger, the later model MR88 though is based on a Ruger frame and would have a trigger mechanism similar, if not identical, to a Ruger Security Six.

So the MR73 and your example might have been two different critters (assuming you had an MR88 and not the MR73).

I’ve only personally seen an older parkerized used MR73 with a 4” barrel, fixed sights, and a beat up wood grip. Probably an old police trade in imported to the US. Despite its rough cosmetic appearance the action was smooth as glass, cylinder lockup was tight, and the chambers and bore were all in great shape. I wasn’t able to shoot it, but I have been lusting after one ever since.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 05-10-21 at 17:39.

Feedback Score

Manurhin revolvers

I bought a brand-new one in 2009 (produced in December 2007), and never regretted it. It’s a beautiful revolver with an amazing finish, rivalling the best pythons, it is extremely accurate, and very durable.

Some of the French GIGN (SWAT equivalent) guns shot over 150,000 rounds.

A few pics of mine

The Ruger based MR88 is a very different (and cheaper) animal

Last edited by OLIAR15; 05-10-21 at 04:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is indeed gentlemen, and what I have (had) is indeed the MR88, I appreciate the clarification between the differences. That makes more sense. My understanding (based on info online) was the MR73 and MR88 were based on the same basic design and internals. I had also read the MR73 was a joint project that the French ended up taking on by themselves after licensing and gathering info from Ruger. The MR88 was supposed to be a follow up. From what you guys are saying that is not correct.

If I run into the pages that had that info I'll update the thread.

Again, thank you for the clarification, and any additional info would be appreciated.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast