Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manurhin revolvers

Feedback Score
    Here’s an article on the history of the MR73 for whatever it’s worth.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...ellence/307258

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Here’s an article on the history of the MR73 for whatever it’s worth.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...ellence/307258

That’s a very good article, thanks for posting it

Feedback Score
    Has anyone found one of these in stock? Wouldn't mind picking one up.

Feedback Score
    I see them on gunbroker regularly. Not many, but there are usually one or two.

Feedback Score
    Probably not going to find one in stock in my AO. There’s a shop in Lincoln, NE that stocks Korth though so maybe next time I go down that way I’ll see if they have a Manurhin.

Feedback Score
    Outstanding wheel gun for the collector. I prefer practical to collectible, a simple S&W 360PD in pocket for short hikes is my only revolver.

Feedback Score
    I inherited a few revolvers from my dad when he passed last year and my mom didn’t want them. So I have added to my previous single revolver, now various flavors of .357 Magnum, 9mm, and .22LR/Mag in addition to my .454/.45 ACP.

If I were to buy a Manurhin MR73 I would shoot the snot out of it if possible. Probably not a carry gun, because relatively inexpensive, lighter, easier to conceal, higher capacity semi-autos are what I carry. However there’s room in my collection for excellent range guns, because shooting is fun, and really nice guns are fun to shoot and that’s reason enough to own them. I suspect the MR73 is a better gun than anything ever put out by S&W, Ruger, or Colt. While the new Korth revolvers are nice they’re not for me because of the polygonal rifling, if a wheel gun can’t happily run on lead bullets it’s not for me. Fortunately the Manurhin utilizes conventional rifling.

Feedback Score
    I have a Swiss-French friend I converse with on Telegram. He owns a MR88 in .38spl. According to him not very many were made, and that the project had some issues. The older MR73 is the one with the quality reputation, and from my understanding is one of the best revolvers ever produced, with Korth, plus the older Colts and Smith & Wesson revolvers being apart of that best of the best list.

I have no personal experience with any of the Manurhin revolvers. I have only ever used a first generation production Colt Police Positive .38spl 4” (was my great grandfather’s, who was a circuit judge and used the Colt for protection), Smith & Sesson Model 60-4 .38spl 3”, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag 7.5”, and had a Rossi .357mag 2”. The Rossi was put through cases of .357 magnum by me and my friends during my university years, and one day while dry firing it. All of the screws broke up into powdered dust. I sold what was left to a friend, for cheap, and as such would not ever recommend such products. As for the Colt it pleasant as can be to shoot, but I think for more modern reasons I enjoy my Smith and Wesson more, and the Ruger is my hog gun.

(Sorry if long winded, I just wanted to state as disclaimer what I have direct experience with.)
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    I bought a brand-new one in 2009 (produced in December 2007), and never regretted it. It’s a beautiful revolver with an amazing finish, rivalling the best pythons, it is extremely accurate, and very durable.

Some of the French GIGN (SWAT equivalent) guns shot over 150,000 rounds.

A few pics of mine

The Ruger based MR88 is a very different (and cheaper) animal

Hey Man, Wow. That is a gorgeous piece of steel. I'll be getting a Gendarme 4 inch when they come in. Who makes those grips?

Thanks,
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Hey Man, Wow. That is a gorgeous piece of steel. I'll be getting a Gendarme 4 inch when they come in. Who makes those grips?

Thanks,
    Thank you

Karl Nill, combat grips

Here it’s wearing the original grips

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast