Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still rocking the ACOG?

Feedback Score
    I’ve had a few and gotten rid of them for various reasons. Wish I would have kept at least one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have 5 in use, simple, lightweight, and rugged. The TA33 3x30 series is the sweet spot. The TA31 4x32 series have awful eye relief, and is what most who trash on ACOG's mention. The TA33 and TA11 series have much better eye relief. For a near red dot experience the TA44 is fantastic.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We have received several into our shop recently. I'm continually surprised at how unused many of them are. We only buy ACOGs that are relatively new, so we can be sure that the Tritium is still pretty strong.

A really nice setup that we received recently is the TA11 with the RMR. It's a little tall, but having that really nice eye relief of the TA11, with the red dot quickly available is great. I was tempted to keep it for my personal use, rather than placing it for sale on the website.

After all the years the ACOG has been out, it still offers a fantastic size / weight / performance ratio that is hard to beat, in my opinion. I still use the one I've had for 14 years, but it's not on my primary rifle.

I would like to see one of the LED ACOGs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sure am.

A TA44 green circle dot

• Widest FOV of any ACOG model
    • Circle-Dot reticle
    • 1.5x mag is low enough BAC works well
    • Brighter, clearer glass than any RDS or HWS
    • No battery
    • No electronics
    • No on, no off, no brightness adjustment, no magnification adjustment, no occular/diopter...it just just "is" and it just works
    • Super crisp etched reticle is a beauty to behold vs red dots for astigmatism eyes
    • Only weighs 8.1 ounces with QD mount
    • 1.5x mag + crisp reticle + Trijicon's great glass = easier ID and discrete target shots at medium distance vs an RDS or HWS
    • Plenty of eye relief

What's not to like?

If you really want, you can offset an RMR (3 oz) and still have an RDS you can turn up for those dark + WML lighting situations where a blacked out etched reticle isn't as perfect, all for the same combined weight as a UH-1 or PRO or EOtech
    Last edited by Warp; 05-11-21 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Still own an old TA01, it's a keeper

Feedback Score
    I just bought another one from Euro Optics. A TA31F-G, it goes great with my TA31H-G that I bought back in 2010... I'd like to get at least 2 more before another 11 years goes by, but I need some Aimpoints too.

I have zero issues with the (much complained about) short eye relief on the TA31 series of ACOGs.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-15-21 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got way more rounds down range with ACOGs than from my Schmidt-Bender, Vortex, or March LPVOs.

Feedback Score
    What do you do when the tritium dies?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Continue to use the fiber optic in the daytime and you continue to use your NODs and laser at night.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Send it back for a refresh before that happens. You've got a decade or so until that comes up, probably.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast