Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried loading 223 subs?

Feedback Score
    I would consider just picking up a 9mm PCC. You can shoot steel, and in normal times, it’s way cheaper to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Have one, but it's not the same. And they get the rifle FILTHY! I mean failed trigger resets within 200 rounds kind of filthy, and it schmoos up the gas tube and everything, too.
    Cleaning rimfire cans sucks, too.

Keyholling would be fine. I just want to shoot steel inside 50 yards.

How do they load such a heavy projectile? I didn't think it was even possible.
    You’re not concerned with baffle strikes?

To the dude that suggested a long, heavy bullet: don’t forget about stabilization. Heavy is good, but length is something that has to be considered.

The PCC suggestion is a pretty good one, and I use that for a significant portion of my close range training for the reasons that popped up in this thread, and more. If the goal is inexpensive SBR training that won’t break your ossicles, a PCC is an awesome tool. It’ll never be as quiet as a subsonic small-bore, but its a happy medium that’ll work your timer without being overly loud and expensive. Mine is a very near-clone to my 556 gun, instead of being super short or pimped for USPSA.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Magazine dimensional limits would be my concern with heavy long bullets. I have tried the Atomic subs out of an 18” barrel using a can and no cycling but stupid quiet. I was concerned about the bullet leaving the barrel as well. I think I will stick with .300 blk subs suppressed with pistol length gas. To me there is no point in trying to reload subsonic .223 when there are better options IMO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I can't imagine a more pointless reloading endeavor.
    I quit my reply yesterday trying to think of a diplomatic way to say the exact same thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Atomic makes two weights of .223 subs. Which did you use, and did it stabilize?

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Magazine dimensional limits would be my concern with heavy long bullets. I have tried the Atomic subs out of an 18” barrel using a can and no cycling but stupid quiet. I was concerned about the bullet leaving the barrel as well. I think I will stick with .300 blk subs suppressed with pistol length gas. To me there is no point in trying to reload subsonic .223 when there are better options IMO.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I would consider just picking up a 9mm PCC. You can shoot steel, and in normal times, it’s way cheaper to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have so much money in my setup I can't clone it to another upper. Still kind of the same thing though where it's still just not quite the same. Different mags, different ergos.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What, your training clone would need a MAWL and Nightforce? Now I’m interested for sure.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    Keyholling would be fine. I just want to shoot steel inside 50 yards.

How do they load such a heavy projectile? I didn't think it was even possible.

Wobble inside the suppressor would be a great way to initiate baffle strikes... Just sayin...
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    What, your training clone would need a MAWL and Nightforce? Now I’m interested for sure.
    I did already mention that my primary goal here is to be able to shoot at night without bothering the neighbors.

Feedback Score
    Have one, but it's not the same. And they get the rifle FILTHY! I mean failed trigger resets within 200 rounds kind of filthy, and it schmoos up the gas tube and everything, too.

And you don't think pistol powders and 'fillers' are going to dirty up your gas tube?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast