Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anyone tried loading 223 subs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's not THAT great in AZ. Especially when they shut shooting down due to wild fire restrictions.
    We just paid 200k for 20 acres, and that was pretty cheap, and still a decent drive away. The alternative is paying like 50 bucks to breath lead, or going to the fud range where you basically can't do anything except sight in the old deer rifle.

I have a buddy who lives a little further out, and we did some supersonic nods shooting, but the guy like half a mile away kind of griped a little bit.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I think lots of nighttime gunfire would draw unwelcome attention, no matter where you were...
    Not at all in my part of rural Texas. It even surprises me LEO never shows up responding to reports of full auto fire.

LOL, my wife had her Sunday School church group over to our farm. They all set up sewing machines in the house, they were sewing gift stockings for an orphanage Christmas.
    Ladies 55-85.
    They asked if they could shoot a machine gun.
    All took turns doing mag dumps from an Uzi into a round hay bale.

Watching the phone Videos were the highlight of the crowd sitting in the stands at that Friday night’s football game!
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 05-11-21 at 23:08.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    Not at all in my part of rural Texas. It even surprises me LEO never shows up responding to reports of full auto fire.

LOL, my wife had her Sunday School church group over to our farm. They all set up sewing machines in the house, they were sewing gift stockings for an orphanage Christmas.
    Ladies 55-85.
    They asked if they could shoot a machine gun.
    All took turns doing mag dumps from an Uzi into a round hay bale.

Watching the phone Videos were the highlight of the crowd sitting in the stands at that Friday night’s football game!
    Good man!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Have one, but it's not the same. And they get the rifle FILTHY! I mean failed trigger resets within 200 rounds kind of filthy, and it schmoos up the gas tube and everything, too.
    i had a ceiner kit on a suppressed dedicated upper with my registered full auto lower back when 550 count federal bulk packs were $8 at wally world. pretty much non-stop mag dumps for hours at a time haha. yeah it gets dirty. and yeah 22lr isn't the most reliable round on the planet, but it worked well enough. i never had trigger problems though

use a dedicated upper so you get
    -a real 22 barrel with appropriate twist and no chamber insert
    -no gas port, since it's blow back anyway
    -avoid wear on the upper

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't that be about as much hitting power as shooting a projectile out of a good sling shot. It would get about the same speed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 545Warman View Post
    Wouldn't that be about as much hitting power as shooting a projectile out of a good sling shot. It would get about the same speed.
    80 grain projectile travelling 900fps??? If your slingshot is a .380, sure I guess.

This isn't about shooting things dead, though. It's just about being able to use my AR at night without having to resort to the 22 conversion kit.

Feedback Score
    I guess I lucky I'm a member of a range that lets me shoot until midnight on weekends (10 on week days)with just about anything I want to shoot.
    The range was there before the neighbors so they have to deal with it, but we have rules so we can't shoot after those hours.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234