Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mig Ally vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mig Ally vid

Great vid here. I learned something too: the Soviets secretly had their best pilots flying the N. Korean migs at times. I was not aware of that. The epic dog fight between a F-86 Sabre pilot and Mig flown by a Soviet pilot is right out of a movie:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Yeah, great video and very informative. Seen it a couple of times.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Yeah, great video and very informative. Seen it a couple of times.
    Really the end of an era for up close and personal dogfight like that and another secret proxy war/testing ground between the us and the Soviets.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Really the end of an era for up close and personal dogfight like that and another secret proxy war/testing ground between the us and the Soviets.
    That's for sure. The speed of the planes went up from say 350-400 knots in WWII to around 550-600 knots in these jets, but you still were using guns only. You had to really get in close to hit and be hit. A boxing match in the skies. The tactics weren't much different than those developed in WWI.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    That's for sure. The speed of the planes went up from say 350-400 knots in WWII to around 550-600 knots in these jets, but you still were using guns only. You had to really get in close to hit and be hit. A boxing match in the skies. The tactics weren't much different than those developed in WWI.
    And the same armament! 6 50cals.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

My Maternal Uncle (RIP) was a Squadron leader in Korea flying F86’s.
    On the rare occasion I could get him to speak of his service he did say it was common knowledge the Russians fielded pilots, using Korea as a proving grounds.

I saw some of his gun camera footage, it was sporty.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I was watching Mig Alley videos and wow these pilots were amazing. I didn’t realize that F86 Sabre had radar gun sights on later models. They had 6 .50 caliber machine guns that fired armor piercing incendiary rounds.

Feedback Score
    when I was in HS I found a movie reel in my dads room one time with a bunch of his photo stuff
    took it in to film class and was some of his gun/wing footage in Korea was really hard to make out old and rough footage but pretty cool stuff

he and my uncle (twins and both pilots together the whole time) took a lot of photos over there though has some cool stuff a lot of just fun daily life

argus box #6 slide18.jpg

3.jpg
    2.jpg

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Great pics Honu.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Great pics Honu.
    Yeah he had some good stuff thanks
    I recently scanned in all his old stuff so he could go through and see them again
    My dad is still around just shy of 90 and drives a BMW M3 mostly and some other nice cars but he was always into cars still has that fighter pilot adrenalin thing going

Yeah that pic of your uncle was the classic to when you said gun camera I was like hahahahaah OH WOW I wonder how many got copies ? Maybe more than I thought
    I know my dads as said was pretty rough to make out I was in HS then so think it was 1980 when I saw his

did your uncle end up staying in or did he go commercial after the war ? Seems so many went commercial both my uncle and dad did but he was in for a bit as instructor and did some test pilot stuff that has some insane/funny stories with that

I know my dad said what was fun back then as they could take their planes out and just fly etc... had good stories of stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast