Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaRue MBT2S weak reset

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Ahh, Ok thanks. I will probably hold off on swapping to the other spring. I don't want an 8 pound trigger. Maybe I just have to wear it in more. The fit is insanely tight because of how wide that trigger is. I think it slightly rubs against the lower where the trigger pokes through.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...son&highlight=

3 things I’m sharing that post for:
    1) Not 8 lbs, or close
    3) the stronger spring is well known to only slightly increase pull weight, mostly in the first stage, but drastically improve the reset.
    2)Its not really very wide; it just feels that way, so slow down and think about this before using a file
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    No,

What lower is it in?
    How does it shoot with it?
    Are you using LaRue trigger pins or something else?
    Have you used any other trigger in the lower and what were the results?
    Have you reached out to LaRue?
    M4E1
    Shoots great, only issue is reset
    Other triggers have a stronger reset
    Its the same in my anderson lower
    Have not reached out to LaRue

I don't want to remove material from th trigger with a file because the finish is so nice. I think I'll just try wearing it in more by dry firing an maybe I'll swap springs.

I think I remember some reviews mentioning the weaker reset so this isn't a total surprise.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Put the heavier spring in. I don’t even bother with the lighter one for this very reason.

Don’t file anything.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I put a LaRue trigger in for a LaRue fanboy once; if they made it he had to have it. They make good stuff but I was not impressed by the triggers at all. I second the Geissele recommendation. Billet vs investment cast means absolutely zero. If the heat treat is not done correctly either can break in heartbeat. Geissele has demonstrated reliability and durability over the long run.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    What you ought to do is install the trigger into the lower without a spring to see if it moves back and forth smoothly and without any friction. Then, add the spring and check it before installing the hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    M4E1
    Shoots great, only issue is reset
    Other triggers have a stronger reset
    Its the same in my anderson lower
    Have not reached out to LaRue

I don't want to remove material from th trigger with a file because the finish is so nice. I think I'll just try wearing it in more by dry firing an maybe I'll swap springs.

I think I remember some reviews mentioning the weaker reset so this isn't a total surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12