Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Californians turn in guns for food

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MOFoxtrot View Post
    So they did a check on the guns but did they don't do a check on the individuals???
    This was my thought. Did they do any kind of demographic survey or observation on who was turning in the guns? Probably not, as the propaganda was to get people to do this anonymously, but still, I would like to know how many firearms were turned in by little old ladies who are now getting rid of that pistol that has been on the top shelf of the closet since Fred died in '87, and how many were turned in by tattooed gangbangers, trying to turn their lives around with a fresh start via this amnesty program.

The article also said that MOST people requested the supermarket cards, but hey, if I could buy a $25 Lorcin off the street corner and get a $100 gift card to Best Buy, I might do that just because.

Disclaimer: I would not do that because it is illegal. I am a law-abiding citizen. I do not purchase illegal guns off street corners.
    I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.
    Harper Lee (1926 - ), To Kill a Mockingbird, 1960

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -gary View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one here that thinks these programs, if not good, are not all that bad. Yes, they're disarming and sheeple etc, but methinks those that would turn in a gun for $100 in food is the type that have should prob not own firearms in the first place. They are the ones that loose them in break-ins, have them carried to school by their children or toss them in a sock drawer to be found by little hands.

Yes, it gives ammunition to those like the AP that push their "unbiased" "news", but I believe we, meaning community and society in general, are better off for it in the long run.
    I see your point here also but I think it should be handled by the NRA or local gun shops, IE: being a responsible Gun owning community and take care of our own problems-ish.

Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123