Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipeline cyber attack

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Every station within 10 miles is out, and every station on my way to work is out.

We filled up both of our vans early last weekend just because we needed to. Talk about good timing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One of my local stations is helping the hoarding mindset by limiting purchases to $10. We are in no way effected by the pipeline and if anything, this should give us a surplus due to the pipeline being down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    17 states have declared their state of emergency...this one is gonna ugly I reckon.
    17 states ??? I thought only GA TN NC SC VA and FL were affected? In south Fl, nothing noticeable really, no gas lines, things fairly quiet.....for the moment, that could change tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The sad reality is that the pipelines have enabled this. They've eliminated the need for road distributors. The tank farms can only hold so much and are very expensive to build. I've read from a couple of different places in past outages that Atlanta only has one to three days average fuel usage on reserve in the tanks at any given time.

The timeframe makes sense (correlates roughly with outages we've seen), and when the pipeline goes down for a week or more like it has done twice with hurricanes, the cities run out. And would have run out even without hoarding behavior.

One nice thing about still having some diesels is that many stations that were completely out of gas last night in the Atlanta metro area still had diesel. My daughter is driving my diesel truck right now because of that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    17 states ??? I thought only GA TN NC SC VA and FL were affected? In south Fl, nothing noticeable really, no gas lines, things fairly quiet.....for the moment, that could change tomorrow.
    Just stating the blurb I heard on Fox & elsewhere...my understanding is those lines affect most of the eastern states.

This fight @ the pump is to good not to share:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-car...shortage-video
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m surprised there’s no thread on this yet. When I heard about it today this was the first place I came. I don’t have any information other than what’s been reported in the new. I look forward to reading the great thoughts and insights you guys always seem to have.
    Thoughts? I think the US is about as prepared to fight the impending 5GW, as we were to fight WWII on December 6, 1941. We tend to not take threats seriously until there's blood in our mouths.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I gotta drive from maine to nc friday, and then nc to maine sunday.

Hoping I will have no trouble finding fuel. Granted my wifes new car gets 45 miles per gallon. Will have to fuel up once on the way, but i do ever couple of hours incase there is traffic.

Feedback Score
    Its gone from bad to worse here in my area. I passed about 30 stations until I found a little one that still had gas. Had to wait in a line and watched 2 fights nearly escalate beyond harsh words. Almost all the stations within 30 minutes of here are out and their signs that normally show the gas prices are off. One QT still had gas and there were approximately 50 cars waiting in line.

On the bright side, my gun shop still had premium 9mm in stock for me. And 22lr too. Chick-Fil-A is still open for business and friendly service as always. I've got several restaurants within walking distance. Kroeger and Publix too.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    The good thing is that if riots breakout, there won’t be any Molotov cocktails. Ammo is hard to find, gas is hard to find, next thing you know they’ll be a run on baseball bats.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I gotta drive from maine to nc friday, and then nc to maine sunday.

Hoping I will have no trouble finding fuel. Granted my wifes new car gets 45 miles per gallon. Will have to fuel up once on the way, but i do ever couple of hours incase there is traffic.
    <--- NC. Word on the street is, stick close to interstate to fuel. Fill up mid-Virginia; at 45 mph that'll get you down and at least back to mid-VA.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast