Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipeline cyber attack

Feedback Score
    Russians little gray e men sending us a message…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    something they did not set up so no way they could have stopped it !

Then again they most likely were told about it or could have set it up and messed up

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I cannot imagine what our intelligence agencies were so focused on that they missed this.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I cannot imagine what our intelligence agencies were so focused on that they missed this.

Andy
    Searching cell phone location records for around Jan 6th....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Andy
    Well, judging on the latest news on the CIA's new recruitment ads, the "intelligence" agencies appear to be focused on about everything else other than "intelligence"... and I mean "intelligence" on several different levels.

It's funny how all these attacks on our infrastructures over the years continues without any security steps being taken. They say they were aware of the vulnerabilities before these attacks happen, but don't address making it more secure.

Was told this morning when I was getting my coffee that many gas stations in the southwestern Va area are out of gas now. Guess I better go buy some more toilet paper....
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 05-11-21 at 05:06.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I just happened to fill my wife's car this weekend, and top off my truck as well when I filled up our 5 gallon gas can for the mower. We are good for the week, at least, if North Alabama is affected.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I haven't seen how much they wanted? How much would you have to know to do something like this with out breaking the pipeline?

Maybe this is the event that makes all the other infrastructure start to actually pay attention? Bad pub, yes; but really until it hits their insurance premiums for not preparing, they don't really care.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Andy
    Those intell agencies were fully staffed figuring out who that last old woman that was tottering around the Capitol building was. Gram Gram who looked dazed and confused thinking she was on a capitol tour is obviously a much higher security threat to the nation than China, Russia, Antifa and cyber terrorism put together. What if she put too much butter in the cookies she bakes? What is she forgets to mail a $5. check to her grandson for his birthday?- ALL obvious "Russian collusion" efforts of course. There are serious consequences if Gram Gram isn't surveilled and watched!!
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Ain't no accident that the Fleebs can find(frame) who they want to find but can't find those that threaten corporate, energy, or conservative interests. Can't possibly "find" what you are actively and intentionally trying not to see.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Utahjeepr- very true!!!
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Maybe this is the event that makes all the other infrastructure start to actually pay attention? Bad pub, yes; but really until it hits their insurance premiums for not preparing, they don't really care.
    There have been several major ransomware attacks in the last 1-2 years, but some have not been publicized. Source: insider knowledge of a certain other industry.

Some insurance policies will exclude coverage for this sort of thing, or it may simply not fit within their insuring agreement (like if the coverage trigger requires physical damage). Few businesses would be insured for all of their potential losses on this sort of thing - you would need $$$$ business interruption coverage, and something that didn't require physical damage (many BI policies do) and had no waiting period (ditto).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast