Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pipeline cyber attack

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Thoughts? I think the US is about as prepared to fight the impending 5GW, as we were to fight WWII on December 6, 1941. We tend to not take threats seriously until there's blood in our mouths.
    I think the US has been on the receiving end of 5GW since no later than December 2019, and probably more like November 2016.

A large portion of our enemy is right here in the 48 states, and at least half the population is unaware that anything is going on at all. It's a farce to say we're fighting it. It's more like the 5GW version of a revolution and subversion.

---

Hey look, a new infrastructure problem:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/di...sissippi-river

Probably just chance and lack of maintenance... but who knows any more.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 05-12-21 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I think the US has been on the receiving end of 5GW since no later than December 2019, and probably more like November 2016.

A large portion of our enemy is right here in the 48 states, and at least half the population is unaware that anything is going on at all. It's a farce to say we're fighting it. It's more like the 5GW version of a revolution and subversion.

---

Hey look, a new infrastructure problem:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/di...sissippi-river

Probably just chance and lack of maintenance... but who knows any more.

I wholeheartedly agree. My initial response to the link was “Oh, good Lord...”. As in “I’m surprised yet not really surprised.”

Does anyone else feel like they are in some super slo-mo epic crash from a movie with some cool ethereal music? And just waiting for the scene to end?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Now folks will have gas to go hoard TP again hahahahahah

I wonder what prices are going to do ? Come back down stay up ? I am betting we wont see it go down but go up you know to pay and recover from this

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's online, we've been told it can be as much as 10 days before the supply and prices start self-correcting.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    No gas shortage here at $2.53. I have a Shell refinery 10 miles east of me, a Marathon refinery 5 miles west of me, a Murphy refinery 40 miles east of me and an Exxon refinery 50 miles west of me. The Marathon refinery is the 3rd largest in the US and Exxon is the 5th largest.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This morning at 7am Racetrack had gas and no line, kroger across the street had no gas. Filled up the wife's car and feeling relieved she can go another week or so until supply is back to normal.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Night before last, there were lines out to the street at the gas stations. Last night I stopped at a gas station and decided to top off because there was no line. No premium or midgrade at that station - regular only.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Well, they paid the hackers the ransom. Que more attacks for higher ransom...
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Well, they paid the hackers the ransom. Que more attacks for higher ransom...

yup...probably be a grid next.

We have stations out of gas down here on the border...crazy.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast