Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Noveske sighting @ Va. Beach

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The OTBs used to be really inexpensive back in the day. Someone bought them, New balance maybe? I don't remember, then the price took off.

When we were finning and I did not have to do anything past the sandy berms/dunes, I would use Chuck Taylors. I think they were $18 a pair?

But that was back in the day when the best game in town was still standard issue jungle boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Not those OTBs (but yes those were awesome until New Balance bought them and ruined them and then cut the brand). Google the Altima OTBs, think tactical Chucks.
    I rocked a pair of OTB Desert Lites once upon a time. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    I’m just joe citizen and whatever some special op guy(s) use with the backing of a “team” ,shooting thousands of rounds training, the backing of the US military machine is not really of much help to me. How much do BUIS weigh really ? Why NOT have them ? If a zombie apocalypse were to happen where I reside, my 10.5” AR pistol with aim point, BUIS, and 6 o’clock flashlight is quite adequate for its intended purpose, backup is a glock45 RMR, with iron sights as well. I don’t have a team to defend myself, home, or vehicle in the event of a_____, fill in bad situation of choice. Also not trading in my comfy Brooks running shoes for whatever footwear .mil is using. My “mission” is vastly different.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    I’m just joe citizen and whatever some special op guy(s) use with the backing of a “team” ,shooting thousands of rounds training, the backing of the US military machine is not really of much help to me. How much do BUIS weigh really ? Why NOT have them ? If a zombie apocalypse were to happen where I reside, my 10.5” AR pistol with aim point, BUIS, and 6 o’clock flashlight is quite adequate for its intended purpose, backup is a glock45 RMR, with iron sights as well. I don’t have a team to defend myself, home, or vehicle in the event of a_____, fill in bad situation of choice. Also not trading in my comfy Brooks running shoes for whatever footwear .mil is using. My “mission” is vastly different.
    And that is it for everyone, everywhere: mission runs the gear.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Most of the Operator dudes I know wear Crocs. There's no way I'm copying that!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are they rocking the Sandman-S? Sure looks like it. Doesn’t look like the SF to me. Looks like the ones I have seen Tim O advertising as the contract over run DA did for the .Mil.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678