Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird cycling issue... thoughts?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Have you tried any quality factory rounds, to eliminate the gun -maybe?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Have you tried any quality factory rounds, to eliminate the gun -maybe?

PB
    I rarely shoot factory, but for the 25ish factory rounds I've had through the upper they've been problem free. Small sample though

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    This past weekend I took a low round count course

The ammo I was shooting was a handload of mine
    There's your problem, and why many courses (all the good ones, JMO) prohibit using handloads/reloads.

Everybody ends up fiddle ****ing around wasting class time trying to determine what's wrong with their ammo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My money's on the ammo being the problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even if it's the ammo, doesn't mean that a chamber brush won't help. Have you been shooting steel or using any 22lr conversion kits?

It could also be the BCG itself sticking. That's pretty classic NIB behavior, and the fact that you were able to unlock it so easily makes me think that might be it. It seems like when cases get stuck they get stuck good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    There's your problem, and why many courses (all the good ones, JMO) prohibit using handloads/reloads.

Everybody ends up fiddle ****ing around wasting class time trying to determine what's wrong with their ammo
    A lot of guys don’t know how to make handloads for ARs. I took a KD4 course with handloads, though not recommended, but I’d fired thousands of them through my rifle. Not a single hitch the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Check your hand/mortar ejected Bullets for rifling marks. When I had this issue, I needed to add crimp; the Bullets were jumping forward when they were fed into the chamber and hitting the rifling.

When I set a crimp, I do a chambering test. Single round in the mag, drop an open bolt on it 3 times. If it gains or loses more than 0.002”, I tighten the crimp. They still shoot ragged holes so it works for me.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 05-16-21 at 15:19.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    It could also be the BCG itself sticking. That's pretty classic NIB behavior, and the fact that you were able to unlock it so easily makes me think that might be it. It seems like when cases get stuck they get stuck good.
    Bull crap.

If NiB coatings were doing the garbage you suggest with ANY sort of regularity it would be all over the web and everywhere else but it is not...

How many reputable companies offer NiB now and for how long have they been doing so with none of the 'problems' you suggest being reported?

Your lack of knowledge and facts here are what keep the myth going for dummies that blindly believe everything they read on the internet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Bull crap.

If NiB coatings were doing the garbage you suggest with ANY sort of regularity it would be all over the web and everywhere else but it is not...
    It is. Google "nickel boron bolt sticking." This ain't new. Not by a long shot.

Feedback Score

Weird cycling issue... thoughts?

Not going to lie, my buddy has a NiB Fail Zero bolt carrier group in his rifle. We called it the “Fail Often” until he has the cash to replace it. It indeed would stick. I didn’t know it was a thing known about them or even caused by NiB, but his did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mRad; 05-16-21 at 20:05.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast