Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel and Palestine going at it again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Nobody in western civilization maybe. The further east you go the more it's a thing.

Your ancestor moved a stone 3 cubits that my ancestor put there to mark our land. For that we shall kill each other on a daily basis for the next 7k years....it's a thing and it has real consequences today. Because, at least in that part of the world, this is a family feud. They're the same people if you take away the European genes from the last 150 years.

Obviously it's no longer about the original squabble. Instead it's just retaliation and hatred for the retaliation and hatred. And this is quite common in many parts of the world

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I am aware of this, sir but my point remains

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Dude, hadjis are still pissed about advancing to multicellular life forms and leaving the primordial ooze. They generally regard that as a bad move and against the will of allah.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Dude, hadjis are still pissed about advancing to multicellular life forms and leaving the primordial ooze. They generally regard that as a bad move and against the will of allah.

Holy pre-Abrahamic grudges Batman! That anger burns deeep! 😧
    - Master Gunsmith.
    - Formerly employed by: Hornady, General Dynamics, CSC/Raytheon.
    - Former S.A.T.M.O Foreign Military advisor/instructor
    for the Lebanese Armed forces (LAF) - Beirut Lebanon
    - T.A.C.O.M - S.A.R.E.T Certified
    - Currently responsible for Special Projects/Development/Optics at Lasershot Simulations.

"Hard times create strong men, strong men create soft times, soft times create soft men, soft men create hard times".

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I understand. However you not thinking it's relevant doesn't change anything. They think it's relevant so they'll continue this circle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I understand. However you not thinking it's relevant doesn't change anything. They think it's relevant so they'll continue this circle

And they would still be wrong, sir

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Do what now?

We barely defend the US and US embassies but you want us to fight for another country? Bad enough we form coalitions to rescue Kuwait, help Iraq attempt to achieve a democracy and while we are at it feed kids over in Somalia but when do we start committing troops to the defense of other countries because they find themselves at war?

Now if you want to create a volunteer brigade like the AVG (Flying Tigers) sure, no problem. But people in the US military did not swear an oath to protect and defend the United State and the Constitution and Israel. That is the kind of bad idea that makes some folks go "see told you so, we are the lackeys to Israel and do whatever Israel commands."
    I'm more of a 'force for global good' kinda guy.

But people in the US military did not swear an oath to protect and defend the United State and the Constitution and Israel.

Giving you a pass, 'cuz I know you never had to repeat the whole thing with your hand raised and all, but, there is this part about:

'AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So the Pali arabs fought and lost a war. What other terms would there be? The fact that land was provided to them at all is benevolent. Had Pali jews lost the war do you think Pali arabs would have conceded any land to the losers? They'd have told them to go back to Europe.
    From my perspective, if the Arabs had won the international conventions would have been enforced. We would have at least returned to the 1947 original partition UN Resolution 181.

Sure the Pali jews did some evil shit in the beginning, including legit acts of terrorism. But they weren't exactly alone in these efforts. Lots of "genuine evil" to go around, nobody was exempt. There were no Gandhi's, but ironically if they had gone the Gandhi route they probably would have been far more successful.
    I don't think so, I think you need to read Caught in the Middle East: U.S. Policy toward the Arab-Israeli Conflict, 1945-1961 to get a feel for what was going on in our government during the period. Ultimately, the actions taken in that time period, set U.S. policy on it's course to this day.

https://www.amazon.com/Caught-Middle.../dp/0807857009
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I say again. The rest of the world needs to step back, not interfere and allow the conflict to run its course.

The best thing Joe Biden can do right now is procrastinate. Joe Biden should assemble a group within the State Department with the task of developing an appropriate response to what is occurring between Israel and Hamas. The response should be delivered mid July at the earliest. That would give the Israeli's time to sort things out.

The United States should not put assets in the air or boots on the ground. We should monitor and assess, nothing more.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I don't want Americans fighting for Israel.

I think the less wow part of this mini war is the most dangerous to the future of Israel that being the revolt of Israeli Arabs against the State.

Bibi will do nothing, like usual, but he will serve out his turn as PM till September and then when Gantz is supposed to become PM Bibi will stab him in the back.

Israel will then go to our 5th election in 2 years. The middle is going to evaporate on both the Arab parties and the Jewish. The Arabs will back an Islamic party like never before. The Jews will go hard right and we may see the left wing Jewish parties not get enough votes to cross the threshold to even be in the Knesset.

The Arab revolt will come back maybe after the election bigger and stronger or it may wait until the spring but it will be back.

This is the problem with the USA, UN, EU, sticking their noses into other peoples business. In 1948 the world stopped both act 1&2 of the war before anything was really settled. Act 3 which I believe is coming is going to be a real mess, a high death toll and one people or the other marched out of the land.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    1. Baloney. Presidente Poopypants (D-Israel) has been a reliable supporter all his career.

2. Good. Then they can send our check back.

3. You'd be filled with hatred, too if you had endured what they did in 1948 and the apartheid thereafter. (Many of the things the Jews suffered under the Germans, they promptly inflicted upon their new neighbors. Read real history.)

4. No. Nor do Democrats want to "destroy America," whatever that means. But it sure sounds good on AM radio.
    1. Bidet is an opportunist. I doubt he believes in anything other than lining his pockets.
    2. I’m with Yoni. Handouts only exist to bend the recipient to the will of the disbursor. Israeli should stop taking US foreign aid.
    3. The Palestinians brought this ALL upon themselves. They are a completely fabricated “people”. The UN agreed to partition Israel. The islamists disagreed, declared war, and lost. To the victor goes the spoils.
    4. It really depends on your definition of America. If you believe in the founding principles set forth in the Constitution and BoR, then absolutely the left wishes to change the US. Change is destruction of the old.

Now that said, the republicans, democrats, and all politicians are essentially nothing more than kleptocrats. They all suck.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 05-17-21 at 21:32.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast