Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Palestine going at it again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is why Marvel and DC crossovers suck. They always end in a pissing match

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I reserve judgement and hold out the option that ALL of them may be wrong, at least partially.

My simple point is still simple. Tribalism is the basis for most conflicts in history, with contested resources being a strong second. Our circles of trust have never been larger than they are now, but even in this thread you can see traces of tribalism. Even if a single country, society or religion established global supremacy, there would still be conflicts everywhere.

So when two local combatants go toe to toe, we really shouldn't get involved. Even if it gets "biblical", we shouldn't get involved unless there's a larger global security issue. Even then we should be very circumspect about it, because we're never going to fully resolve any conflict that's DNA based.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is why Marvel and DC crossovers suck. They always end in a pissing match
    We're just having a conversation, nobody is name calling, nobody is pissing at the other...would you feel better if we just all agreed? We don't all agree on the superficial things on the forum, let alone the weightier issues of life. Should I or another Christian here just agree with you on your indifference toward abortion (and no we don't have to discuss abortion, it's just an example) or should we just agree with you so there's no pissing match?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I reserve judgement and hold out the option that ALL of them may be wrong, at least partially.

My simple point is still simple. Tribalism is the basis for most conflicts in history, with contested resources being a strong second. Our circles of trust have never been larger than they are now, but even in this thread you can see traces of tribalism. Even if a single country, society or religion established global supremacy, there would still be conflicts everywhere.

So when two local combatants go toe to toe, we really shouldn't get involved. Even if it gets "biblical", we shouldn't get involved unless there's a larger global security issue. Even then we should be very circumspect about it, because we're never going to fully resolve any conflict that's DNA based.
    You may be right, men have for the most part be unable to live in peace, treat their neighbor as they would wish to be treated, lord it over each other, and generally act in vile and dehumanizing ways. After so long, and so much grief and sorrow, the answer certainly doesn't lie within us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is where I envy atheists.
    They can appreciate beauty and youth while they can.

They accept wisdom and accept the finite nature of life. You’re here for a blip in the sea of lifetime.

But if you try to have faith…..here starts the pissing matches and “yeah, buts”.

The man told you that they are told by their divine texts not to believe people claiming to be a messiah to the point they are willing to rocket cities and shoot Arabs in the face in a self defense situation over it.

And in come the white guys who absolutely refuse to accept that Jesus was black and try to argue the point with people who don’t want to have the discussion because goddammit they just know better.

It’s spiritual abuse and it is unethical.
    Dude, what??? Why do you think Jesus was black? He's descended from the tribe of Judah. He's actually a direct descendant of King David.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Dude, what??? Why do you think Jesus was black? He's descended from the tribe of Judah. He's actually a direct descendant of King David.
    I don't recall the Christian bible making a big deal of skin color. Islamic sources however seem obsessed with the whiteness of Muhammad.

Feedback Score
    I have chosen to delete the quotes from Martin Luther.

I didn't offer them to throw a jab, but rather to educate that it wasn't just the Catholic church we had problems with.

But the truth is history is full of enough crap to paint all peoples of the world in a bad light.

As my one of my favorite professors of history states in many of the lectures he gives "The masses are asses".

G-D bless the USA and grant victory in the struggle with the Marxist/Muslim axis.
    Last edited by yoni; 05-28-21 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is it constructive to dwell on such things? The Talmud also has lots of not nice things to say about Christ and Christians that those who wish to produce enmity like to compile and distribute.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I don't recall the Christian bible making a big deal of skin color. Islamic sources however seem obsessed with the whiteness of Muhammad.
    This is one of the most fascinating things about Islam I learned from David Wood. He was talking about how some black folk rejected Christianity as a white man's religion while embracing Islam as a black man's religion all the while the Hadith (I believe he was reading from) talks quite a bit about Mohammed's "whiteness". Mohammed and his crew were quite the black slave owners on top of it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have chosen to delete the quotes from Martin Luther.

I didn't offer them to throw a jab, but rather to educate that it wasn't just the Catholic church we had problems with.

But the truth is history is full of enough crap to paint all peoples of the world in a bad light.

As my one of my favorite professors of history states in many of the lectures he gives "The masses are asses".

G-D bless the USA and grant victory in the struggle with the Marxist/Muslim axis.
    Yes, the sins and IMO, the brilliance of Luther. I'll make no excuses for Luther's vitriol, nor will I try to make excuses for my own sin. Religion, I think, had a more profound affect on people in that era, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. Luther shouldn't have been anti-Semitic of course, but I didn't live in his skin nor that time. I do thank him for his recovery of "Justification by faith alone" though, always will.

Disciple beat me to the Talmud. The things said about Jesus are worse, a lot worse, than calling my mother a whore...Luther knew what the Talmud said, it no doubt had something to do with his views, right or wrong. So I will stand on the idea that there IS a perfect religion, but people are very imperfect.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast