Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eotech/G33 combo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Are you able to sight properly through the peep, like that? Usually when I make the “they’re just backups; sight radius is overrated” argument its for the front BUIS, not rear.
    Ah yeah, good point. I know I can use the peep on a Unity mount pushed to the front of the receiver, but that’s still a couple inches to the rear of where his would have to be. Large aperture might work, depending on the sight itself (if it has one).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ok, I just tried two types of BUIS like that on my 11.5”. I put the rear at the back of the handguard and the front roughly where it would be on a Mk18/RISII.

The first I tried had a fixed small aperture rear. Hypothetically, it could be done, but is terrible. The peep obscures too much target.

The second I tried has a fixed large aperture and a HK hood on the front. It sucked, because I could see the front hood around the outside of the peep. It could work, but it sucks.

I think that while it is possible to do it this way, it is less than optimal.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12