Thread: SW 340 steel insert

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

SW 340 steel insert

I have purchased a new no lock M&P 340 jframe. There is a small steel insert above the barrel to protect the frame from blasts.

This piece of steel on mine is loose, I can move it side to side with my finger. I cannot remove it because of the inlet . I don't think it's supposed to move so I sent it back to the factory. They did NOT replace or adjust it.

My question is: is it normal to have play in that blast shield on scandium frame magnums ?
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    It should not move freely.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No, that is not normal. I have never trusted that design and this is why.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    I have purchased a new no lock M&P 340 jframe. There is a small steel insert above the barrel to protect the frame from blasts.

This piece of steel on mine is loose, I can move it side to side with my finger. I cannot remove it because of the inlet . I don't think it's supposed to move so I sent it back to the factory. They did NOT replace or adjust it.

My question is: is it normal to have play in that blast shield on scandium frame magnums ?
    How much movement are we talking about?

Feedback Score
    They will move slightly from recoil. Easy to fix. The bottom is formed to go over the forcing cone. Use a small flat blade screw diver to slightly pry that bottom edge area to fit the curved area more tightly. Hard to describe but you'll understand when you look at it. https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...prod/293310000