Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOTACH .... yet again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BOTACH .... yet again

Just a quick heads up for people who still shop at Botach. I should have learned my lesson around 10 years ago when Botach held onto money for an order for over a year. Their answer was that out of everything I ordered, one item was backordered and would be in soon. After getting jerked around for so long, I got refunds in portions, and while I don't recall all the details, I know I swore them off. There were a couple guys on this board who went to church / temple with them, and stood up for Botach last series of complaints, but in the end the guys couldn't really explain or give excuses that made sense.

About a year ago I saw some outerwear that was on clearance, and had a friend of a friend who didn't have warm clothing, next thing you know I'm ordering from Botach again. The golden rule in getting orders is evidently don't backorder anything, otherwise you will get jerked around. I tried to stick with that rule, and a few orders went by without issue. Ahile back I started noticing that prices would change while surfing around online. Check out one item, and at the bottom there are several other items that are similar. Some of those items would have great prices, but when you actually click on them the price changes to a much higher price. At first I thought I was misreading things, then I thought perhaps it was just certain sizes that were on sale, but neither of those were the problem. The problem was that the price was changing after you clicked on the link. If you went back to recheck, the price was the same high price and no longer listed as the low price. I ended up taking screen shots to make sure I was seeing things correctly.

Recently I made an order for small stuff, and shipping was free. Not a big deal to get free shipping on small stuff, especially as it seems their shipping prices were very high in general, and more than once I had deleted my cart due to what I felt was an obviously excessive shipping fee. Fast forward, and now I get an email the day or two after my order telling me my order is ready for pickup. Pickup? I distinctly recall checking the box saying that I was getting the order delivered to the same residence as the billing address.

I won't tell people to boycott a business, especially in a case like this where Botach already has a horrific reputation and I should have known better. I will tell people to check that items are in stock, and to check, and double check they are paying the price they thought they were, THIS INCLUDES SHIPPING FEES.

Last but most certainly not least, in the litigious society we live in, I'll end by saying my above experiences and opinions are my own. Yours may be different, and I welcome anyone else with good or bad stories to share them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had noticed the same thing as you regarding prices changing when I clicked on the link, and went through a similar thought process as to why. However, it turns out there is a glitch on their site that causes this. Whatever item you're looking at seems to transfer it's price to the items shown below it until you refresh. Weird, I know, and it took me a few times before I realized what was happening.

As to all their other shenanigans? Well, they're last on my list for the same reasons as you.

ETA: Just checked their site, and the price transposition no longer seems to be happening. Maybe they fixed it?
    Last edited by georgeib; 05-13-21 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    Dealt with them roughly 2 years ago, less than satisfactory experience, first and last purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good to know. I buy from them occasionally. In fact they had some cheap Glock mags not long ago. Never had a problem but I don't buy backordered stuff....ever.....from anyone.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have heard & believed these stories for years now...but Ive ordered well over a dozen times from them and dont recall ever having a problem...I may have had to wait once a little while longer than quoted, but it wasnt bad.
    I cant understand why some have not one..but several issues time & again, whilst others have none. I appreciate this warning. I will at least make sure Im ordering in stock items from now on.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have no reason to discount any negative experiences, but in ordering 3-4 times, I’ve gotten both steal deals and the purchased items.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its shocking how they continue their worst practices and yet thrive. I think I bought a couple of Warne mounts from them and I got lucky, but I checked to see if items were in stock and shipping immediately. Best practices is to shop elsewhere but if they have something you really want, make sure it says in stock.

In this litigious society, I will say, THEY SUCK DIRTY BALLSACKS!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I actually ordered from them one time and it went well. The difference, possibly, was that I purchased through their eBay account. I figured eBay/PayPal protections would handle any BS that might come up.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That is all.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast