Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOTACH .... yet again

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I thought the movie put them OUT of business?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I've ordered from them a few times, both pre-move and post-move. Definitely order from their Ebay store if you can, as what's been mentioned above, the Ebay/Paypal protection they offer is great if things go sideways.

Even before their move, I would still order items only if they were for sure in stock--I've also heard about the horror stories about items that weren't. No problems on my end. Only reason I shop a bit less nowadays is that they no longer offer free shipping and are charging sales tax now, so whatever savings I could get isn't that great anymore compared to other outstanding vendors (a few years back, they were offering 30rd Surefeeds for $10 with free shipping and no tax).
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    I've never had a problem with them, maybe a dozen orders over the years. Mostly Okay magazines, but also some tools and a backpack. I only buy in-stock items. Use to be nicer when their shipping was free.
    DK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What I learned from them is don't order clothing or footwear unless you know for sure it will fit. They charge return shipping.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hadn’t even thought about the eBay angle, I wish I would have.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Its shocking how they continue their worst practices and yet thrive. I think I bought a couple of Warne mounts from them and I got lucky, but I checked to see if items were in stock and shipping immediately. Best practices is to shop elsewhere but if they have something you really want, make sure it says in stock.

In this litigious society, I will say, THEY SUCK DIRTY BALLSACKS!

PB
    Agreed on all accounts good sir.

Without stating the name, the last time I mentioned this company and shared my experiences, I had a rather large client/ Mfg reach out and tell me that it would be good of me to remove my comments because they did a lot of business through them. While I no longer do anything with the Mfg, I’m not interested in naming them so please don’t bother to ask. I don’t know if it was a manufacturers prerogative that came down from owners, I don’t know if Botach made a complaint to the Mfg about my comment, and I don’t know if it was just a jerky higher up in the Mfg company that decided to tell me. Regardless of what the reason, I don’t post things unless I believe them to be legit and honest.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I picked up a discounted magpul sling but it never arrived. The package never reached my mail room. I reached out to Botach and they were of no help. Then they tried to contest the charge back I put in. I still won but I was amazed at how petty they are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a what I thought was a heck of a deal on a optic from them. The deal ended up being better elsewhere so I contacted them because they will do price matching according to their sight. The item didn't even ship yet and I told them I wanted to cancel if they wouldn't meet the price. They contacted me and said he would talk to a supervisor about price matching for me and made it sound like it would be all good. Well they ended up never contacting me back about it and then several a week had past and still no contact. Oh and at the time they where not taking phone calls because of covid-19. I sent them several emails and they never got back to me after about four weeks they shipped me the optic. I gave up and swore then off. They literal just stopped talking to me, you couldn't contact them any other way either. Nope not Weber going to do business with them again. Don't care if it's cheaper. I also try to stay away from optics planet because in stock doesn't really mean in stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I got a what I thought was a heck of a deal on a optic from them. The deal ended up being better elsewhere so I contacted them because they will do price matching according to their sight. The item didn't even ship yet and I told them I wanted to cancel if they wouldn't meet the price. They contacted me and said he would talk to a supervisor about price matching for me and made it sound like it would be all good. Well they ended up never contacting me back about it and then several a week had past and still no contact. Oh and at the time they where not taking phone calls because of covid-19. I sent them several emails and they never got back to me after about four weeks they shipped me the optic. I gave up and swore then off. They literal just stopped talking to me, you couldn't contact them any other way either. Nope not Weber going to do business with them again. Don't care if it's cheaper. I also try to stay away from optics planet because in stock doesn't really mean in stock.
    Euro Optic > opticsplanet

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRoscoe View Post
    Euro Optic > opticsplanet

EVERYONE ELSE > OpticsPanet > Botach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast