Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BOTACH .... yet again

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    EVERYONE ELSE > OpticsPanet > Botach
    How true! LOL I ordered a S.O.Tech Viper IFAK on Amazon two months ago. I didn't pay attention to who the vendor was when payment was made. A week later I checked on tracking status and low and behold it was OpticsPlanet. Shit, I proceeded to get drunk and go into a full bore linear ninja helicopter mode, cursing myself for being stupid. Another week passes and I check tracking and find out it's been delivered to a door step in some town in Michigan. I live in Wyoming. Somehow I got my IFAK a week later. On Amazon it shows it lost and asks if I want a refund! Sometimes you just gotta laugh and be happy you got what you ordered. It makes you really appreciate the Good to Go vendors who hardly ever screw up.

ETA: Just realized I've reached my 2000th post. Drinks on me for all members. Just log on to your OpticsPlanet, Botach, etc. account and use coupon code "Remember Me?"!
    Last edited by 3 AE; 05-27-21 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRoscoe View Post
    Euro Optic > opticsplanet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Euro optics is near me. Great guys, great business.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRoscoe View Post
    I picked up a discounted magpul sling but it never arrived. The package never reached my mail room. I reached out to Botach and they were of no help. Then they tried to contest the charge back I put in. I still won but I was amazed at how petty they are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'm still waiting for my refund from them on this latest. Their answer is "a couple days" for it to go through the system.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    They are scum!

I had an issue with them once, multiple calls no joy.

I tried one last time and the person that answered was someone I could really talk to. Problem was solved and I got my stuff.

But they are not the way I would run a business.

Feedback Score
    Not discounting anyone's bad experiences but I have had nothing but good experiences with Optics Planet and Dvor (their sister site.) Pay attention to their inventory status and make sure to clink on the URL that says "check inventory" before adding to your cart and checking out. Their UI is definitely not the most clear when it comes to this and I suspect a lot of folks who have had bad experiences were led astray by this. Having worked in ecomm for over a decade at one point in my career I tend to notice stuff like this. Most recently I ordered a barrel for a build off of Dvor. I noticed the link in the confirmation email led to the product page of a different variation of the barrel which I bought. I called them and after looking at it the CS rep said yep, we screwed up the product catalog. They had the barrel I wanted in inventory over on Optics Planet (but not at the discounted price.) They cancelled my Dvor order, gave me an even bigger discount on the one they had in stock on Optics Planet and gave me free shipping. BOTACH, however, can eat a bag of richards. Ordered a holster from them over a decade ago. I'll let you know if it ever shows up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123