Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Prepare to Retire my 6.8 SPC [ Spec. II ] ? Any Comments & or Input ?

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU very much 'mebgardner', I truly appreciate the 'heads up' ! As I'm sure you're already aware, the relative cost of quality 6.8x43 ammunition was one of the primary factors in my placing it in 'semi retirement', at least temporarily anyway. Hopefully, as the ammunition supply & demand situation slowly, but surely begins to come under control, we'll be able to obtain our 6.8 SPC for a reasonable cost ? THANKS AGAIN, & may I wish both you & yours a safe & happy Holiday Season.

Best regards, dpast32

Feedback Score
    You are welcome, and I am continuing to build and buy 6.8 SPC.

Happy Holidays to You, sir.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    $17 a box for brass case PPC is very good compared to 6.5 Grendel right now. Wolf steel case is $13, and brass case starts at $1.50 per cartridge! Prices from AmmoSeek.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    NOT giving up my 6.8 rig.

I have many sizable bucks down due to its capabilities, and it's a great build (original Kotonics - Tim Hicks upper) that I've squirreled away plenty of brass and bullets for. I'll be using this rifle for a LONG time. My primary ARs are all 5.56, but I do shoot this one from time to time, and it's fully capable of filling multiple roles. I've been reloading for it since the beginning, so I was at a bit of an advantage.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    My 6.8 is my favorite rifle. It shoots better than my 556. I too have plenty of brass. Will keep shooting as a primary deer gun for the Florida flat woods. 120 SST Hornady and 110 Accubond Nosler, when I can find them, do the trick. Just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    The current situation is exactly what I've been hoping, & waiting for ! That is, the fact of numerous assorted manufacturers now introducing their 6.8 SPC ammunition ! As we all know, prior to this, although we did have 6.8 SPC loading's available, but they were primarily 'top shelf' brands, therefore selling for corresponding prices. At least now, it appears as if most of the European, Russian, & possibly other Regional ammunition producers are getting on the band wagon, & the result of course is reduced prices for us, the consumers ! In fact, just the other day I came across Federal / ATK American Eagle type 115 FMJ for .75¢ per Round, 'delivered' when you order a Case of 500 Rds. And from what I've seen, that's not too bad at all, IMHO. THANKS Guys for the Replies !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I started to reload 6.8 then scraped the plan. If anyone reloads and would like to buy supplies, I have brass and bullets. PM me and I will go see what I have in storage.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Never retire your arms, just put them in a different order for use.

Feedback Score
    Purchased a Rock River 6.8 upper at the Knob creek MG show 2010 or so. Like others I did like the cartridge and it is plenty for my area. Even 12 years ago loaded .308 was cheaper than 6.8 brass and I sold off the upper. Logistics favor 5.56 and 7.62 NATO so right now that is what I have. If things straighten out get back to reasonable I would but another 6.8spc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was a pretty early 6.8 adopter (2007 or so) I don't think anything else would replace it for me.
    Handloading is the best way to get the top performance and actually have ammo to shoot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast