Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries relocating to Tennessee

Feedback Score

Troy Industries relocating to Tennessee

Guess that was inevitable at some point:

"TROY Industries has just announced that they will be moving both their headquarters and manufacturing plant to Clarksville, Tennessee. You may be familiar with TROY Industries from their popular line of sporting rifles including the unique TROY Pump Action Rifle (PAR). The move, which is taking place to “ensure the success of the company” citing the “changing climate for firearms manufacturers” as the impetus for the relocation. The 5-year plan will begin in June costing $7.2 million and creating 75 new jobs."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ove-tennessee/
    Last edited by Slater; 05-14-21 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Guess that was inevitable at some point:

"TROY Industries has just announced that they will be moving both their headquarters and manufacturing plant to Clarksville, Tennessee. You may be familiar with TROY Industries from their popular line of sporting rifles including the unique TROY Pump Action Rifle (PAR). The move, which is taking place to “ensure the success of the company” citing the “changing climate for firearms manufacturers” as the impetus for the relocation. The 5-year plan will begin in June costing $7.2 million and creating 75 new jobs."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ove-tennessee/
    But the real question is, "Who cares?"
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I would argue this is a company that’s actually putting their money where their mouth is. I’m not a Troy fan boy by any means, but if you guys want to go back to arguing what kind of shoes,underwear, and socks the seal team is wearing during their force on force training by all means go ahead and jack off to their Instagram some more.

In actual news that makes a shit we have a company leaving an East Coast shit hole and moving to a more free state to provide jobs and tax revenue there. I call that a win.

Feedback Score
    Well, considering they currently have about 40 people so planning to run up to 75 is significant growth. Especially if, as it seems to indicate, that would mean 75 "new" jobs on top of the 40 they already provide. Plus, moving economic assets out of commie states is always a good thing.

Troy makes some fine products. I ain't 100% down with some of their company beliefs RE: 2A / Citizen liberties, but ...
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Well, considering they currently have about 40 people so planning to run up to 75 is significant growth. Especially if, as it seems to indicate, that would mean 75 "new" jobs on top of the 40 they already provide. Plus, moving economic assets out of commie states is always a good thing.

Troy makes some fine products. I ain't 100% down with some of their company beliefs RE: 2A / Citizen liberties, but ...
    That was the vein of my comment.

To the extent that shit hole communists are starved for revenue, that's a good thing that I can't argue against. But, I don't for a second believe it's due to any kind of felicity for the average citizens 2A rights.

Feedback Score
    I vaguely recall something about Troy and RKBA issues. Can someone refresh my memory?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Troy SOCC handguards were the bomb diggity...also their carbon fiber 308 handguard.
    But that was at discount prices, and I don’t go out of my way to purchase Troy products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I vaguely recall something about Troy and RKBA issues. Can someone refresh my memory?
    A subsidiary of the company hired a very outspoken Anti Gun Ex Cop from Chitcago as a Trainer. They also hired and worked with Lon Horiuchis spotter, who essentially testified that shooting Vickie Weaver in the head was hunky dorie and he would have done the same.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    But the real question is, "Who cares?"
    LOL, I'm all for every gun related manufacturer flipping off and leaving every commie shithole state, because **** those those guys, but I've never bought a Troy product in my life and don't see that changing.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    A subsidiary of the company hired a very outspoken Anti Gun Ex Cop from Chitcago as a Trainer. They also hired and worked with Lon Horiuchis spotter, who essentially testified that shooting Vickie Weaver in the head was hunky dorie and he would have done the same.
    Yes, that is what I recall hearing. Thanks.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast