Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I was shocked to see this about cars...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I actually saw a four door mustang a few days ago and it was quite literally the gayest thing that I have ever seen and if you know my browser history then that is really saying something
    My guess is we'll see more of this:

Names like Sentra, Civic, Camry, etc. Will be battery-powered Crossovers.

It's stupid. Especially when Ford still makes a Mustang car. Diminishes their own product.

Reminds me of the joke, "I drive a 'Vette!" "Yea, a Che-vette..."

"I bought a Mustang!" "Yea, a Mustang E... you dork."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I don't understand the "pseudo" tablet/ipad screens that they stick on the dash on new models.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Look at Toyota. Half of their vehicles are hybrids now. Volvo and Mercedes both say they’ll be all electric by 2025, except for maybe the military divisions. But that’s a push too. The new ISV from GM is supposed to go hybrid next upgrade then all electric by 2026.

It’ll all be powered by unicorn farts and rainbow sprinkles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Where is all the generation capacity going to come from to charge these new fleets of electric cars? We’re already taxing the existing grid.
    Good question, and one that some people are taking seriously. There is an Austrian company that has a protoype of a Tesla Model 3 that has a simple but effective gas motor in the frunk. The idea is that undeveloped locales (think Africa and S America) cannot sufficently support EVs. This hybrid can suit the needs of most commuters, at a lower pricepoint than 100% EVs and with low emissions for the carbon fascists. Scale that into the domestic market here and maybe this EV mandate can be some what viable.
    The comments in the link show just how myopic and clueless to reality these technorati are.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/06/tesla-model-3-hybrid/

Meanwhile VW/Audi has taken away their diesel cars for good, but they acknowledge that clean diesel from renewable sources are possible, and will be essential to maintain the logistics of modern society. In other words, clean diesel for commercial trucking and travel, EVs for short range commuting. I am having trouble finding the reference.

In the mean time, expect more green new deal feel good legislation like PV mandates on homes, without having the electrical infrastructure to support the propsed expansion of PV, pure ICE vehicles being banned and urbanization of suburbs to reduce the need for UBI proletariat to commute. While I fully support the idea of modernizing the grid and hardening it for little things like natural phenomena (maybe winter storms might take out power, IDK) and actual sabotage (Metcalf, Buckskin, et al), IMO politicians are pushing agenda without considering how to make it viable. The governor of NM comes to mind...fortunately my house in Albuquerque was able to support a PV array. It was close, though, since the gauge of cable from the ulitity side to my service panel was just adequate enough to support a service upgrade. Others in that area weren't so fortunate.

https://stopfossilfuels.org/electric...s-substations/
    https://centerforsecuritypolicy.org/...ains-a-threat/
    https://www.krqe.com/news/investigat...solar-systems/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    "Underdeveloped countries can't support EVs"

Hell, the US power grid can't even support EVs. We can't keep the power grid on to heat private homes during a snowstorm.

Anyone who buys into the whole EV society is seriously mentally deficient and lacks critical thinking skills. All they see is micro and lack the fundamental intellect required to delve into the macro.

I know which end of the spectrum they fall on the Dunning Krueger scale...

Windowlickers. The lot of em.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I forgot all about Azteks. For a minute they were the Lesbowagon Du Jour until the Kias took over.

My next car is gonna likely be Japanese

Feedback Score
    Hybrids make sense. (Don't have one)

100% plug-in? Sitting and plugged in for 1 hr for 30 miles or 8 hours for 300 mile range? Nope. Not gonna do it. ****. That.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dude, the acceleration of these EVs is no joke. Many if not all are actually limited by chip in that regard to prevent accidents. They can't achieve the top speed of an engine, but an average EV can smoke just about any gas powered muscle car out there in terms of get up and go. When EVs are universal, you're going to be amazed at how quickly the intersections clear when the light turns green.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    "Underdeveloped countries can't support EVs"

Hell, the US power grid can't even support EVs. We can't keep the power grid on to heat private homes during a snowstorm.

Anyone who buys into the whole EV society is seriously mentally deficient and lacks critical thinking skills. All they see is micro and lack the fundamental intellect required to delve into the macro.

I know which end of the spectrum they fall on the Dunning Krueger scale...

Windowlickers. The lot of em.
    The singularity is near, my friend. You won't believe it, but it's gonna bite you in the ass nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I actually saw a four door mustang a few days ago and it was quite literally the gayest thing that I have ever seen and if you know my browser history then that is really saying something
    A few years ago the talk was "Why doesn't Chevy come up with a four door Camaro?" Now it's Ford with the Mustang. It's like the auto industry wants to cater to the market that has sons/grandsons of fathers/grandfathers that drove real muscle/sports cars. Except this "younger generations wants to feel like they're driving bad-ass cars but need the room in the back for the child seats, dog, cooler, and tablet screens in the back of the front seat to keep the kids satisfied. A new category of "Muscle Family Green" cars.

When I see a two door Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger, I can see the lineage of their ancestral DNA, it warms my heart. These four door abominations degrade and defame their badges. What's next, a four door Corvette?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast