Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I was shocked to see this about cars...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Dude, the acceleration of these EVs is no joke. When EVs are universal, you're going to be amazed at how quickly the intersections clear when the light turns green.
    Then they'll get broadsided by light-runners.

When there is an affordable one that only weighs 3k pounds and is nimble and fun to drive that can go 350 miles on a 10 minute charge I'll be interested.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Then they'll get broadsided by light-runners.

When there is an affordable one that only weighs 3k pounds and is nimble and fun to drive that can go 350 miles on a 10 minute charge I'll be interested.
    I'm not even sure if that's physically possible. As a daily commuter though the current models have more than enough range.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The singularity is near, my friend. You won't believe it, but it's gonna bite you in the ass nonetheless.
    I bet you want people to eat the bugs and live in the pod too right? Drive your smart EV car that can auto repo itself when you say bad things on the internet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Once the ComDems pass the Green New Deal, errr I mean Infrastructure Bill, that will turn the rest of the country into CA you will have a hard time charging your EV during rolling blackouts. Or, afford to charge it when the cost of electricity goes up tenfold.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I bet you want people to eat the bugs and live in the pod too right? Drive your smart EV car that can auto repo itself when you say bad things on the internet.
    Well my hope is that people learn to use technology responsibly, and start refusing to trade their liberty and privacy for free handouts. Not holding my breath though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Once the ComDems pass the Green New Deal, errr I mean Infrastructure Bill, that will turn the rest of the country into CA you will have a hard time charging your EV during rolling blackouts. Or, afford to charge it when the cost of electricity goes up tenfold.
    That's why we bought property outside city limits. The plan is to try and get as much off grid as possible. It's not just the government though. Tired of eating crap food filled with pesticides and hormones and antibiotics. It's getting just about to the point that nothing at the grocery store or restaurants is worth eating anymore.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well my hope is that people learn to use technology responsibly, and start refusing to trade their liberty and privacy for free handouts. Not holding my breath though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I actually saw a four door mustang a few days ago and it was quite literally the gayest thing that I have ever seen and if you know my browser history then that is really saying something

The 4 door Mustang, circa 2003... (AKA Mercury Marauder)

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Hybrids make sense. (Don't have one)

100% plug-in? Sitting and plugged in for 1 hr for 30 miles or 8 hours for 300 mile range? Nope. Not gonna do it. ****. That.
    How far do you typically drive in one day? 300 miles for me was about a week. Easily rechargeable overnight. On a trip somewhere? Quick charge stations are all around. By the time you pull over to piss and get coffee you're charged

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    So you wanna like be Amish or what then dude? Or just troll people on the internet about the evils of technology while you then proceed to post memes like a middle school chick? I mean seriously, what exactly is your position, because you don't seem to have one.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast