Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt M5 rifle

If you wonder over to the international sales section of Colt Mfg’s website they have some new(ish) listings for the M5 carbine. The short of it is that the M5 uses new receivers and handguard. The lower is completely ambidextrous similar to their 901 and the handguard mounts to the upper receiver rather than a barrel nut in order to “ensure extreme rigidity.”

https://www.colt.com/international/d.../cm556-10h-m5a

They appear to be well thought out and modern even compared to other offerings on the market. They have a full product line with three different calibers and multiple barrel lengths offered including an SCW with a Maxim stock. As someone who has carried a Colt for the entirety of my professional carrier and still prefers the LE6945 to most offerings I would love to see these actually offered here.

Am I alone in my desire to see this here or should we all start a emailing CZ with demands?
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 05-15-21 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d rock that 11.5” or 14.5”. I wonder how that handguard feels.

When you email CZ your demands, tell them you like the URX4 height and width, but want an 11.5” handguard model, and are hoping Colt will fill that gap in the market.

Dear KAC and LMT, please beat Colt to the US market with such a product.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I just want the ambi lower.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I just want the ambi lower.
    Me too. Honestly the only Colt upper I actually want is the MMR. Otherwise I will just put something else on it.

I do believe the future is monolithic uppers just lighter and more awesome. Like after I update my Slutty Colt, I probably won’t buy anything else for serious use but LMT MRPs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really do like monolithic uppers as well. The M5 seems like a good compromise between mono and modular uppers.

EDE3EBCC-FC08-4CB7-9FCA-E40B92FDB0E3.png

This is the upper I would really want but it seems that Colt has moved on.

0AD6699C-2A7C-412B-A472-9F1D85772280.jpeg

Pic is stolen from the owner on TOS.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Call me crazy, but I liked it better before the updates. I'm also a sucker for the original Geissele MK1 rails, so I'm sure that plays a part.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Still not seeing anything about a mid-legth. And if Colt had done this a decade ago they might not have had to sale themselves.!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Still not seeing anything about a mid-legth. And if Colt had done this a decade ago they might not have had to sale themselves.!
    Everybody pushes the midlength. I’m sure it’s a little softer but I can honestly take or leave.
    I find more merit in the rifle length than mid honestly.

I have this idea that I have had for a rifle concept that I can’t totally give a real name to yet. The gist is a Rifle for the music stops. The concept is of course a rifle length gas. Deceptively simple.

It may take some years still to get it just right. It’s a tangent but when society stops; I believe that I would want a rifle length gas

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    They have the 6960 model. I have one and I enjoy it
    BD1A48C3-3991-452F-9442-0F52438F9455.jpeg
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I would like to see the Colt Canada MRR models to be frank.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast