Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    That Military Arms Channel on YouTube just posted a “review” of the M5 alleging serious quality concerns!

What he revealed…a loose gas ring and some flash on the receiver he didn’t like. TOTAL CLICKBAIT. Colt has always left flash on the receiver. It’s what they do. If you don’t like it…oh well! Buy something else.
    I watched that too, just to see if there was something crazy but nah. Click bait indeed. Says Colt sucks, while providing no accuracy or reliability testing, and days Sightmark has been great. Hilarious. Said LWRC>Colt too. We call these clues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    That Military Arms Channel on YouTube just posted a “review” of the M5 alleging serious quality concerns!

What he revealed…a loose gas ring and some flash on the receiver he didn’t like. TOTAL CLICKBAIT. Colt has always left flash on the receiver. It’s what they do. If you don’t like it…oh well! Buy something else.
    AGREED!

He bitched about the sear block, duh, all Colts come with that, and the price, duh, sorry he is a "poor" and cant afford one.

All his shooting was into the dirt like that phony blind guy Mishaco.

Total click bait.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 10-04-22 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    Yea that’s to bad MAC went all sideways on the gun. Him bitching about the gas port being to small and him liking his rifles over gassed was a little baffling. You could see the gun had very little recoil compared to the rest he was shooting.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I just watched the video. Pretty comedic really. Kinda like the color matching complaints for the SCAR and Geissele rifles. The new carbine looks good. Still want a 10.3 inch one when they make them available. Colt has always place cosmetics in the third row. If that is his only complaint it is honestly the most cosmetically perfect Colt rifle I have seen in a while.

The handguard and receiver look like a good step forward from a design perspective. A more rigid receiver and barrel interface has been shown to increase component life. Mounting the handguard to the receiver instead of the barrel nut is a good step forward as well.

Feedback Score
    I can't really understand why Tim/MAC dinged this gun for the proprietary barrel nut, especially considering that the 6940 uses the same barrel nut and he never had any issues with that. And none of the other dings he gave it had any merit either. Really, the main issue I saw was with the loose Troy sights, but I assume Colt did that on purpose to make it easier to take them completely off since most people have something against Troy anyways and would likely replace them with something else.

I'd have no problem with this rifle if I was in the market for it and I really like the handguard attachment method/design better than anything else that's out there. Not a fan of MLOK, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 10-05-22 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just watched the MAC video. He was a bit harsh, but I think it was because of the context of the rifle's price. I agree with one of the comments on YT: This would be great as a $1200-1300 rifle, but as a $2000 rifle, it's a hard pass.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    This would be great as a $1200-1300 rifle, but as a $2000 rifle, it's a hard pass.
    Agreed. I was hoping that CZ would modernize Colt or push them to innovate and this just doesn't do it for $2k
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Agreed. I was hoping that CZ would modernize Colt or push them to innovate and this just doesn't do it for $2k
    It’s not 2000$. It’s about 1700$. Let’s keep it real here.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Yup, I'll wait for them to sit and get blown out for $1K in 6 months.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    It’s not 2000$. It’s about 1700$. Let’s keep it real here.
    It was $2K. Then $1850. Now $1700...

Can't wait until the are $1500... $1400...

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast