Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    It’s not 2000$. It’s about 1700$. Let’s keep it real here.
    So $500-$600 over what it should be, I too took Math for Marines

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Some have been a fanboi of this rifle from jump.

In reality it's just the LE901 / CM762 / CM65 in 556 format.

Not really innovation, they just dusted off what they had in the design machines and have done before. It's not a huge miss, but at the $2K price point it is - especially to people like me who bought the CM762 for <$1400.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

Not really innovation, they just dusted off what they had in the design machines and have done before. It's not a huge miss, but at the $2K price point it is - especially to people like me who bought the CM762 for <$1400.
    I don't have a problem with Colt and I have really wanted one of their monolithic uppers for awhile, but honestly I remember when these were around $1k, and I didn't pick one up because it didn't have Midlength or Keymod or whatever was popular, but honestly I really don't need one of these, I've got 3 other 16" guns and an assortment of other barrel lengths. If Colt wanted to wow me, I'd want a Monolithic upper with a socom barrel in 14.5 for maybe $1400
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I don't have a problem with Colt and I have really wanted one of their monolithic uppers for awhile, but honestly I remember when these were around $1k, and I didn't pick one up because it didn't have Midlength or Keymod or whatever was popular, but honestly I really don't need one of these, I've got 3 other 16" guns and an assortment of other barrel lengths. If Colt wanted to wow me, I'd want a Monolithic upper with a socom barrel in 14.5 for maybe $1400
    Colt made one like you are asking for. You are wowed now
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

It’s not a dust off. This is being made for other countries with military contracts. You say not innovative. So then do you think LMT, KAC and LWRC lack innovation as well? They have similar lowers.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s not a dust off. This is being made for other countries with military contracts. You say not innovative. So then do you think LMT, KAC and LWRC lack innovation as well? They have similar lowers.
    I always wanted one of those LWRC ambi lowers, that looks to be the best ambi design to me.

Feedback Score
    Some are saying it’s 2000. It’s 1700 on many sites. Just clarifying. No need for math for Marines. The price is right there. 1700 isn’t bad. Consider the prices for any other full ambie lower. Colt is the cheapest. Still a little steep but that’s what it is. Now let’s get back to the weapon instead of complaining. You probably shouldn’t buy one if you don’t like the price.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 10-06-22 at 07:08.

Feedback Score
    Colt made one like you are asking for. You are wowed now
    Link?
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Consider the prices for any other full ambie lower. Colt is the cheapest. Still a little steep but that’s what it is.
    Pretty sure it's not a full ambi lower, the right side lacks a bolt lock AFAIK.

The LWRC DI can easily be found for ~1500 USD and is truly full ambi.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-06-22 at 11:49.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Pretty sure it's not a full ambi lower, the right side lacks a bolt lock AFAIK.
    Correct, just like the CM762/CM65/LE901. You can release the bolt from the right but you cannot lock it using that lever.

Not that IGAF about ambi or that lever, but you are correct.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast