Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There is very little reason not to.
    Don’t underestimate Colt’s ability to fail.

Feedback Score
    Right or wrong, it's 2021 and DI just ain't gonna attract too many new customers military-wise. Love it or hate it the piston of one variation or another (i.e. long vs short stroke) is the wave of the future.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Right or wrong, it's 2021 and DI just ain't gonna attract too many new customers military-wise. Love it or hate it the piston of one variation or another (i.e. long vs short stroke) is the wave of the future.
    DI does just fine and I am willing to bet that more DI guns are still getting sold to military and LE than piston based AR15 guns. The Naval component of JSOC just replaced their HK piston guns with DI Noveskes as well and the army side of the house is looking at KAC supposedly. Regardless, Colt has a viable piston design as well that they refuse to sell and offering the M5 is better than being frozen in time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post

Nah, CZ owning Colt should actually make a difference.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post

Nah, CZ owning Colt should actually make a difference.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    DI does just fine and I am willing to bet that more DI guns are still getting sold to military and LE than piston based AR15 guns. The Naval component of JSOC just replaced their HK piston guns with DI Noveskes as well and the army side of the house is looking at KAC supposedly. Regardless, Colt has a viable piston design as well that they refuse to sell and offering the M5 is better than being frozen in time.
    What was the reason for DEVGRU switching to DI and CAG looking at trading out the 416 for KAC? Was there a shortcoming with the 416 specifically, or something that DI offers that was lacking in the 416 piston system? Genuinely curious.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    What was the reason for DEVGRU switching to DI and CAG looking at trading out the 416 for KAC? Was there a shortcoming with the 416 specifically, or something that DI offers that was lacking in the 416 piston system? Genuinely curious.

HK is notoriously hard to deal with, even the special guys can’t get basic parts. I know multiple teams that switched away just due to that.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like Colt Canada plans to offer an M5 lower with a monolithic upper receiver to the Brits for their new specs ops rifle tender.

Also, it now looks like the bolt can be locked to the rear using the right side bolt catch control. That was definitely not something that could be done with the older LE901 rifles.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If they make it available in the US, I’d buy one. Or two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    HK is notoriously hard to deal with, even the special guys can’t get basic parts. I know multiple teams that switched away just due to that.
    That's the downfall of a lot of companies: You can make the best products in the world, but if you can't work with customers and get them your wonderful products, it doesn't matter.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast