Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Carbine gas with A2 profile (no M203 cut on barrel fwd of gas block)
    Nice. Thank you.

Too bad it isn't a midlength, but at least they got rid of the retarded M203 cut.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A2 profile meaning Govt profile? No M203 cutout but it still gets fatter forward of the gas block to the muzzle? C'mon Colt. Why? Govt. Profile is the dumbest thing ever invented. I'd rather have a pencil barrel.
    Last edited by kirkland; 09-26-22 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Nice. Thank you.

Too bad it isn't a midlength, but at least they got rid of the retarded M203 cut.
    Retarded? It was needed to mount the launcher. People want what’s being used by your military. You are the 1st person I’ve ever heard that hates it. Mid length isn’t used by a military force. The M5 is marketed to militaries of the world. If you want mid length then get a 6960. It’s more your style. I have one and it’s pretty much like a 6920-EPR. They felt the same recoil wise. Midlenth is ok but rifle length is even better
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Retarded? It was needed to mount the launcher. People want what’s being used by your military. You are the 1st person I’ve ever heard that hates it. Mid length isn’t used by a military force. The M5 is marketed to militaries of the world. If you want mid length then get a 6960. It’s more your style. I have one and it’s pretty much like a 6920-EPR. They felt the same recoil wise. Midlenth is ok but rifle length is even better
    I'm pretty sure anyone who's been in the .mil or shooting for any length of time is aware of the purpose for the M203 cut. That doesn't change the fact that it has zero purpose for civilians use, and arguably extremely limited purpose in actual military use, and yet Colt chose to put them on every single 6920 religiously. That's what I consider to be retarded.

I would also add, that with few exceptions, the majority of people in my circle agree with my assessment of them. It's hardly a unique one. I find it odd that you would consider it so.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Midlength is used by the Army. The 203 hasn’t been for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Midlength is used by the Army. The 203 hasn’t been for some time.

Yup. Raiders are also not using 203s. (Is anyone?)

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yup. Raiders are also not using 203s. (Is anyone?)
    There’s probably some ADA unit that still has them but I doubt they actually get used. Support battalions in IBCTs have had 320s since at least 2014…

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A stand alone launcher with a separate short barrel rifle like a 10.3 is a better solution than trying to combine both systems.

I also think that a modified version (to allow enablers and add a safety) of LMT’s single shot break open 40mm they sell to police for less lethal would be better than anything our military fields at the moment. But that is a different discussion from the M5.

Mid length is being used by USASOC now on the 14.5?URG-I uppers. I don’t have an opinion on the matter as as the mid length started to catch on elsewhere I started using shorter barrels than the mid length would allow. Likewise I will sit out on the M5 until a 10.3 or maybe an 11.5 become available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I'm pretty sure anyone who's been in the .mil or shooting for any length of time is aware of the purpose for the M203 cut. That doesn't change the fact that it has zero purpose for civilians use, and arguably extremely limited purpose in actual military use, and yet Colt chose to put them on every single 6920 religiously. That's what I consider to be retarded.

I would also add, that with few exceptions, the majority of people in my circle agree with my assessment of them. It's hardly a unique one. I find it odd that you would consider it so.
    Most companies who make the M4 clones have this cut. I guess KAC, LMT, DD, BC, Colt and most of the others are retards (you calling them). You should start your own gun company and get rid of it. Since all these companies are so retarded. Your circle must be small. Never heard anyone call all these companies retarded for building a Milspec barrel with a 203 cut.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a former 203 gunner, this poo poo talk makes me sad.

As a shooter, it makes me happy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast