Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    As a former 203 gunner, this poo poo talk makes me sad.

As a shooter, it makes me happy.
    Agreed. I love the 203. Carried one for years. M4 also kicks ass. I agree it’s poo poo talk. There are Retards always trying to put things down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Agreed. I love the 203. Carried one for years. M4 also kicks ass. I agree it’s poo poo talk. There are Retards always trying to put things down.
    Before this goes any further, STOP, there's no need for this.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most companies who make the M4 clones have this cut. I guess KAC, LMT, DD, BC, Colt and most of the others are retards (you calling them). You should start your own gun company and get rid of it. Since all these companies are so retarded. Your circle must be small. Never heard anyone call all these companies retarded for building a Milspec barrel with a 203 cut.
    My circle isn't particularly large, but it is pretty densely packed with people who absolutely know what they're doing. No need to prove it to you, as I don't value your opinion. The 203 was a moderately valuable weapon, and I'm glad you loved it, but clearly the military thought so much of it that they decided to discontinue it. In the meantime various M4 clone manufacturers kept using the barrel cut on weapons they sold to the public because they knew that despite the cut have ZERO use, plenty of people (such as yourself, clearly) would jump on it for nostalgic, or clone collector reasons, or simply because "it's what the military uses, so it must be the best" with no thought to actual utility.

I clearly hit a nerve by insulting your pet M4 feature. Wasn't my intent. Doesn't change the fact that the cut is less than useless, and is thankfully being phased out. And because I do try to use language thoughtfully, I will add that the word retarded was a bit of a double entendre, with the obvious modern connotation of "stupid", but also harkening back to the more original etymological connotation of "backward" or "slow." A feature on a weapon meant for defense or offence (not talking about nostalgia or collecting) that has no discernable practical purpose is by most metrics a stupid one. Sorry if that offends.
    Last edited by georgeib; 09-27-22 at 13:11.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    M203 > M320

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    My circle isn't particularly large, but it is pretty densely packed with people who absolutely know what they're doing. No need to prove it to you, as I don't value your opinion. The 203 was a moderately valuable weapon, and I'm glad you loved it, but clearly the military thought so much of it that they decided to discontinue it. In the meantime various M4 clone manufacturers kept using the barrel cut on weapons they sold to the public because they knew that despite the cut have ZERO use, plenty of people (such as yourself, clearly) would jump on it for nostalgic, or clone collector reasons, or simply because "it's what the military uses, so it must be the best" with no thought to actual utility.

I clearly hit a nerve by insulting your pet M4 feature. Wasn't my intent. Doesn't change the fact that the cut is less than useless, and is thankfully being phased out. And because I do try to use language thoughtfully, I will add that the word retarded was a bit of a double entendre, with the obvious modern connotation of "stupid", but also harkening back to the more original etymological connotation of "backward" or "slow." A feature on a weapon meant for defense or offence (not talking about nostalgia or collecting) that has no discernable practical purpose is by most metrics a stupid one. Sorry if that offends.
    You didn’t offend me at all. You got all weird and saying you don’t value my opinion. That’s fine. The 203 was used for over 45 years and even continues to be used. That’s longevity. You saying it isn’t or wasn’t good is a bad statement. You lose what little credibility you had. Weapons change. I like the M4. It’s won many battles. It’s definitely saved my life. You can put it down and that’s fine. This whole thread is going in a different direction. No nerve or anything struck. Sorry about that. Was only having a conversation and then you got personal.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 09-27-22 at 23:19.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by indianalex01; 09-27-22 at 17:00.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Most companies who make the M4 clones have this cut. I guess KAC, LMT, DD, BC, Colt and most of the others are retards (you calling them). You should start your own gun company and get rid of it. Since all these companies are so retarded. Your circle must be small. Never heard anyone call all these companies retarded for building a Milspec barrel with a 203 cut.
    Both KAC and LMT offer different solutions for mounting a a 40mm than an M203 barrel cut. LMT still makes an M4 clone I think, but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen one.

My SR-15 has a proprietary barrel contour and gas system length.

As stated in other posts USASOC has moved on to a mid length gas system. The USMC has moved on to the M27 and a separate 40mm launcher if memory serves.

The M4 isn’t a bad weapon, but there have been viable improvements made to both the M16/M4 platform and 40mm boomsticks since I was humping around an M16A4 in Iraq. Like you we had M203’s, they worked but there are in fact better solutions these days.

If I were forced to go back to being an infantryman for a living again, and could choose my kit an original M4 and an M203 wouldn’t be on the list. There’s better mouse traps, and I would pick one of those instead. As a civilian with a DD214 I have that luxury, and own only one carbine length M4 variant because I have a soft spot for Colts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    and a separate 40mm launcher if memory serves..
    Yes, even the Marines that are still equipped with M4s are using standalone 320 GLs and revolvers.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-03-22 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    That Military Arms Channel on YouTube just posted a “review” of the M5 alleging serious quality concerns!

What he revealed…a loose gas ring and some flash on the receiver he didn’t like. TOTAL CLICKBAIT. Colt has always left flash on the receiver. It’s what they do. If you don’t like it…oh well! Buy something else.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast