Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt M5 rifle

Feedback Score
    I’m not big on ambi stuff. About the only thing I like ambi is bolt releases. I liked the colt monolithic stuff especially the 901 series.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I absolutely hate ambi lowers... un-needed complication in my opinion.
    I had a MARS lower and ended up selling it. Having a mag release catching on shit and unintentionally dropping mags into the dirt gets old quick.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Safety is nice to have as ambi (being a southpaw myself). Mag release I can deal with like I always have.

As someone else mentioned, it's basically an M4 with fancy new furniture. Meh.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I’m not big on ambi stuff. About the only thing I like ambi is bolt releases. I liked the colt monolithic stuff especially the 901 series.
    I still kick myself for not picking up a Colt 901 series .308.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’m shocked, you of all people are without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    They're still sticking with the severely outdated carbine length gas for the 14 in barrel lol... when mid-length has already proven itself to be extremely reliable and far more optimized/optimum and has been adopted even (URGI). As usual Colt is still stuck in the past and refused to evolve. This is just same ole M4 with some fancy furniture.
    "Severely outdated". Lmao. Go tell all those door kickers using "severely outdated" carbine length gas 14.5" M4's. Keep in mind that the test you're referring to with the midlength URGI was using M855A1 ammunition, which is damn near proof pressures. Of course it's going to hold up better than a 14.5" carbine. There is other testing such as by the Army that showed the M4A1 having over 3600 Mean Rounds Between Stoppages using M855. Y'know, ammunition at pressures that the rifle was actually designed for. It's funny to me how the tacticool AR world thinks one of the most proven gas/barrel length combos is severely outdated. We're not talking laser guns vs muskets here. At the end of the day these are still just select fire 5.56mm assault rifles that are more than reliable enough for high volume use. Nothing is game changing either way to make anything outdated.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Me too. And now apparently they are collectors items.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Me too. And now apparently they are collectors items.
    There is an unsold 901 at a local gun store, that has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for years. The $2,500.00 asking price might have something to do with it.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If Colt/CZ. Brings a 16” version of the M5 out for civilian sale, I might have to make room in the safe...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    There is an unsold 901 at a local gun store, that has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for years. The $2,500.00 asking price might have something to do with it.
    If it is new in the box, I would drop $2500 for it without pause. Long out of production and typically sell over $3000. I have seen them sell as high as $5000.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast