Thread: Some Interesting AR-15 / M-4 Carbine Related Domestic Production & Export Data Report

Feedback Score

Some Interesting AR-15 / M-4 Carbine Related Domestic Production & Export Data Report

Good Morning Folks, As I was perusing the Web for something, anything of interest, I happened across this particular 'Report', for lack of an better description. It appears to have been written as part of a Master's Thesis, & after browsing through it a bit, I decided that perhaps others here may also be interested in it ? And just for the record, I myself tend to believe the enclosed data, duevto it originating via the U.S. Navy's Post Graduate School in Monterey, Commiefornia. So, for the sake of educating us all in regards to this subject, here it is. What I personally found interesting is what appears to be the extremely limited production totals for Stag Arms AR Models within the period when I purchased mine, which IIRC, was in late 2007. OK, 'Hopefully' I've correctly added the Document I intended to, but with my personal skills regarding these things, literally anything is possible ? So, hope for the best. I hope you'll find it as interesting as I did.

Best, Dom P.
    Last edited by dpast32; 05-16-21 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fairly interesting. I think a lack of serious involvement with the M4/AR15 led the authors to ignore the NICS data on other firearms (frame, receiver, etc.). I feel that most other firearms purchases are of AR lowers.

Really surprised about Pennsylvania's place in the scheme of things.

Thanks for posting.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Interesting thesis. I thinks its full of holes and I'm glad it is. The gov has no business knowing what we have. Also the last 2 years demand has been off charts.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I’d say this data solidifies “common usage”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Interesting thesis. I thinks its full of holes and I'm glad it is. The gov has no business knowing what we have. Also the last 2 years demand has been off charts.
    Several people I have talked to in the industry say the same thing- "The only thing that would prevent another year of record breaking sales in 2021 is inability of the manufacturers to produce enough to sell". Heard essentially that same thing from multiple people from manufacturers to wholesalers and retailers.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In addition to the numbers of M4 style rifles produced during this study period, the escalating production numbers each year to follow, the stripped lowers and parts kits that have been available, the incredible popularity and pervasiveness of the AR Pistol, common use of the platform in the US is firmly stated. Millions upon millions of units in circulation in civilian hands. Beautiful!!