Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hernia mesh issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hernia mesh issues

So a decade ago, I got the hernia mesh.
    Fast forward I think my gall bladder is bad, with three episodes I go to the ER. That was two days ago.
    Come to find out my gut was tied in a knot and leaking bile. They open me up clean, then remove about a foot of my gut and see me back up.

Now I want to know if they Removed the mesh or if I'm going to have the same problem down the road.
    I've asked three doctors, crickets chirping.
    I'm angry and I want to know wtf is going on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had an inguinal(sp?) hernia about 23 years ago. I don’t even remember if they just sewed it up or used mesh back then. Luckily so far, no issues.

Maybe it’s time to call those lawyers you see on tv?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My dad is going through some BS with his hernia mesh. He's going on his third operation within a year and a half. Originally the hernia was the size of an acorn. After the first operation the mesh came undone and he had the surgery re done again.

Now it seems like there's a new hernia or the mesh came undone AGAIN. It's almost the size of a football.

It's all very troubling, at first I thought it was something he did during recovery but he swears it was bad the day he went home from the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im having hernia surgery some time in mid-late summer. Thanks for the confidence boost guys. HAHAHAHA
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I assume this was mesh placed for a ventral hernia or incisional hernia (midline abdomen) and not a groin/inguinal hernia? What brand or type of mesh?

Feel free to PM me to discuss in greater detail
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 05-16-21 at 16:37. Reason: edited to add

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well it lasted a decade, then rolled up in a ball and just sort of took my intestines with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I assume this was mesh placed for a ventral hernia or incisional hernia (midline abdomen) and not a groin/inguinal hernia? What brand or type of mesh?

Feel free to PM me to discuss in greater detail
    I don't have you expertise, so I'm just a bit lost.
    One in the belly button and one in the groin.
    Honestly, i wasn't given a lot of options, I was military at the time.
    Edit to add:
    Three days in they gave me some hot water they ran through a chicken and an Italian ice.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-16-21 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got me worrying now. Lol. 1 in 2010 and the other in 2011.

Weird story from 1 off the other's follow up with the surgeon. Walked in the lobby and a dude was sitting on an electric scooter with a gut to his knees...figured some sort of weight loss surgery was maybe in the works.

After sitting there awhile another guy comes out and knows scooter guy so they carry on a conversation across the lobby. Finally scooter guy asks what he is in for and his buddy says "hernia". Scooter guy responds with "that's what this is" and that's when it clicks he is about my size, not nearing 400lbs that I originally thought. Not a clue how he could stand it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm getting a lot of very good narcotics and I really try not to use them. At this point it like a kidney stone squared.
    Me and one of the Nurses read the surgical report, They did not remove the mesh. My new understanding is that the tissue and the mesh become combined they cut a couple of millimeters of mesh that was choking the intestines off then sewed the gut back together.
    I got chicken broth for dinner and I'm farting like never before, which is a good sign.

Feedback Score
    Yeah farts are good when your guts have been opened up. One, they blow you up for better vis and it shows its all workin, second it shows you're airtight in there. Of course you certainly knew that.

Enjoy the ice chips.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast